1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNCG Coach Mike Gaski Fired

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by heels_25, May 27, 2012.

1. Ovechtrick

Ovechtrick Junior Member

Well said heels 25, as I stated earlier I never went back after my last game and to your point in my senior year I felt like gashole had no more to give to me. My time was up and he had no time to waste on me even though I was playing everyday.

2. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

On Twitter from Kendall Rogers

RT @thomasbilly457: @KendallRogersPG WHATS with the wait at UNCG? Are they waiting on Florida State assistant?

Word is weak pay.

3. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

BBx3:

Please note date on my post above when I predicted what you have asked above.
    OOPS - no date here on quote - but it was on June 9.

We'll see if I was right - soon...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. baseballnut

baseballnut Full Access Member

It is disappointing if what is being said about assistant coach salaries being the big issue for UNCG. If they offered M Martin Jr the job, how insulting to not give him full support. Then you have a Link Jarrett very interested but with limitations now his name is linked to App and U of Maryland. To be in a position to greatly upgrade the program through coaching and support, it must be true that they ( administration) are not commiteted to building the program. Wait long enough and make no improvements..maybe Gaski will take it back!

5. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

There will be a lot of unhappy people if Link Jarrett gets the job over current assistant Chris Moore. And I mean no offense to Coach Jarrett. I'm sure he's a great guy and good coach. Chris Moore is a current assistant, their hitting coach, the players really like him and he has head coaching experience at Lander. Also would insure the current pitching coach will stick around. The two areas App State excelled at this year were hitting and pitching.

6. uncg fan

uncg fan Junior Member

NCMtnBBDad:

I fully agree with you. Chris Moore was an excellent player and leader and apparently this has transferred over to coaching. The quicker the decision the better for all.

In regards to UNCG.....the pay issues will confirm "you get what you pay for". If the salaries seem to be already at the top of the graded budget then I would hope that the administration could set-up incentives to entice a coach to get paid for excellence on the field and in the classroom. You could structure the incentive program with some in your current fiscal year and the rest in the next year.

Based on the delay, it looks like the outcome might not be good.

One more issue I have is this....why didn't the administration have a succession plan? The better programs usually have names in mind and a candidate list to work from. That is why it doesn't take long to fill a job when a HC leaves or is canned.

7. SOCONBB

SOCONBB Member

Anyone else hear that UNCG has their man already? Its is not a good sign or atleast rather odd they have not really interviewed anyone yet. Maybe a phone interview or 2 but have not heard of anyone actually going to UNCG and interviewing.

As far as App St goes i agree with posters above they need to just keep Coach Moore and move ahead before summer gets too much farther. From what i read and heard he has the backing of the players.

8. WB22

WB22 Full Access Member

Not sure that the lack of information out there is necessarily a bad thing for UNCG. It is prime recruiting time and I am sure that coaches can not afford to have their names attached to UNCG until the new coach is announced. I would imagine that any coaches they are interviewing would prefer that the process be done quietly. Having said that the fact that all of the PG tournaments are going on in East Cobb it is not a good time for UNCG to be without a head coach.

9. SOCONBB

SOCONBB Member

Dont buy the lack of information because coaches do not want their name out their as being interested. Most people are not that ignorant and realize that if an opportunity comes up to better your self professionally you should atleast explore it.

Jarrett supposedly turned down because of $80-85k offered and can not imagine Martin Jr being to interested in that. But who knows

10. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

Players are behind him big time!!!