1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNCW pitching coach...

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by aroundthehorn543, Aug 4, 2012.

1. aroundthehorn543

aroundthehorn543 Junior Member

The word on the street is UNCW is down to their final two candidates. Robert Woodard Volunteer assiatant at UNC and Chris Anderson pitching coach at Lander University.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Both are great candidates, but it's Robert Woodard

3. cb son

cb son Junior Member

Looks like Wilmington's future just got brighter.......Congraultions to Coach Woodard!

4. SOCONBB

SOCONBB Member

They should win the Colonial by 8 games a year anyway!!! Maybe CofC will actually join the league and give them some competition. Or Better yet give the Colonial Davidson and SOCON take UNCW

5. WiseE

WiseE Junior Member

I think people are jumping to conclusions, Chris Anderson interviewed for the job yesterday afternoon.

There hasn't been a hiring announcement.

6. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

It will be interesting to see which direction they go.

One candidate had an amazing college pitching career and promises to have a good future after he learns how to manage his own pitching staff.

The other has a 10 year track record of improving pitchers and building championship clubs, but has only done it at the small school level.

As much as everyone on this board is always talking about how there is not much difference in Division 1 and Division 2 baseball, I think there is obvious candidate.

7. cb son

cb son Junior Member

WiseE..........Never doubt the wisdom of Braves....

8. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

They

can not go wrong with either of these two men. IMO either one of these guys is a great hire for UNCW. I would hate to see Chris Anderson leave Lander for selfish reasons on my part. My son has played the last two years for him at Lander and thinks the world of him both as a coach and a person. I have been very impressed with the development of the players under coach Anderson not just at Lander but also while he was at Belmont Abbey. I think he would do an amazing job at UNCW. Coach Woodard would also be a great hire as well. Either way UNCW goes if its down to these two guys its a win win situation for the Seahawks.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What do I know?! It was posted on Baseball America and Perfect Game. I thought it was public knowledge or I wouldn't have said anything.

10. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Gosh, Coach Scalf has a situation where he can hardly go wrong. Both these guys are great candidates. Best of wishes to either.