1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Underclassmen showcase usa nov 1-2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachbb45, Nov 2, 2008.

1. coachbb45

coachbb45 Junior Member

Who where some of the 2010 players that stood out in the showcase?

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

There

were some very talented players at this event. I covered the unsigned seniors during the two day event. Several guys really helped themselves by attending. There will be some guys signed because they took this opportunity.

I got the opportunity to see some really good 2010's 2011's and 2012's. There were a number of very talented kids in these groups. I believe there were 38 different college programs in attendance on Saturday about the same on Sunday including ml scouts and the ml scouting bureau.

I was absolutely blown away by a couple of 2013's that I saw this weekend. Yes thats right 2013's. Thats 8th graders folks. Absolutely amazing how good those boys were already.

I am sure Coach Partin will do a write up on this event. One thing that struck me was there were kids from New York , Delaware , Florida , Georgia , Virginia , South Carolina and a couple of more states in attendance. One 09 rhp from New York def made a name for himself. He had several college coaches scampering for contact information.

It was an outstanding event and a beautiful weekend for baseball.

3. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

You will have to go to the Impact site. Buy access to that info. AP has it copy righted so it has been an issue postring in the past. General statements are ok. But, the legal issue is always there.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

People are welcome to post their own opinions, we just can't copy opinions from another website without permission. But please....feel free to enlighten us on how the players did. I'm always interested in the one's that made a mark.

5. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Braves

as soon as AP has done his write up I will add my comments on players etc. There is nothing stopping anyone from posting about their observations that were actually at the showcase.

The USA Complex is a perfect place to hold an event like this. There were three fields going at one time and the college coaches were bouncing from field 2 to 3 and 4 constantly. IMO this was the best showcase event I have been a part of ever. There were 09's to look at for the coaches still looking for arms , catchers , hitters etc. There were 10's that many coaches wanted to see and 10's that def got on the radar from their performance. And then there were the 11's and 12's that got the process started by getting out in front of the coaches.

And the 13's I saw were dynamic players. One of which I have been watching grow up around the game for 10 years. If its up to me he will be wearing a DB jersey this summer. The kid is a flat out stud.

6. Braves

Thanks Coach. I'm looking forward to your observations.

7. PitchingCoach

PitchingCoach Junior Member

The weekend could not have been better, great weather, tremendous talent on the field and great support from the college and pro community. I did notice that there was a flurry of activity Sunday morning with particular attention being paid to field #4. The Brown and Teal teams really had some exceptional talent, with quite a few of the colleges paying very close attention to the pitching. This was a great event and it ran like clock work.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

Hey Coach!

some of the folks there this weekend sure did talk funny... this thing is getting pretty big!

The USA complex is a perfect location. With the great venue, close to the airport and I-40, AP is well on the way to building the premiere fall showcase on the east coast.

9. Braves

So there were some South Carolinians there, huh? I don't know what to think about AP letting in those yankees though :trampoline:..just kidding

10. baseballfan123

baseballfan123 Member

Looked like a decent turnout of scouts (MLB, Rays, Angels) and colleges (UNC, ECU, GWU, App St., NC A and T, Surry, Wingate, and others). Comments on the best players ?