1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Unsigned 03's???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by playme, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Original..somebody has to watch those MP fans. They are very smart and clever and great people too, but when they put on those green jackets, their whole personality changes.

But don't worry..I'm on to them :aorangeha

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Unsigned 03's

Dustin Skidmore, North Meck

This guy is a classic speedster center fielder. He is short and extremely quick. He runs down everything in the outfield and has a decent to plus arm. At the plate, he hits lefty, can drop down the bunt and shows flashes of power to the alleys. He bats in the #2 hole for North Meck and is perfectly suited for that position in the line-up.

He can be a devastating weapon on the base paths, with a blazing top speed and a super quick first step. He is one of those players that could help ANY program (D1, D2, D3, even Top 25) and will probably slide through the cracks. He is on the smallish side but definately worth a second, even third look. He has first-to-third speed, even on a bunt down the 3B line. A true "burner".

3. Papabear

Papabear Full Access Member

NCB, did Skidmore play in CF for NM last year? If he did, I don't remember him. Montreat has recruited and signed a number of NM players the past few years. He might want to pursue that avenue, as a start. Where are McCauley, Mayes, and Mitchell?

4. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Yes, Skidmore was the starting CF last year for NM. He batted lead-off I believe. He is hitting behind Mike Cavasinni (05) this year and having those two speedsters back-to-back is really helping the offense click.

McAuley & Mayes have both always wanted to attend NC State so they decided to forego baseball in pursuit of Engineering. They were very good ball-players also. Montreat didn't fit their academic goals and you have to respect a young man who can make that decision. They both have great maturity (and may play for Post 321 this coming summer).

I saw Will Mitchell this past week. He is doing fine at UNC-W. I believe that Southern Methodist JUCO wanted him, but he decided to just "go to college". He should be back for the summer legion season also.

That group of seniors at NM posted a 21-5 record their final campaign, so they were good ball-players.

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

Josh burgess c
    chad boone 2b/p
    brad kessler of
    joseph brewer of

all of west forsyth