1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Unsung Hero’s - Assistant Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by OuttaHere, May 9, 2008.

1. OuttaHere

OuttaHere Junior Member

Naturally we always talk about the Head Coach and what he has done for his team and the young men playing for them. But we cannot forget about the Assistant Coaches and the remarkable role they play in the development of the players both in their play and their character. That said I would like to, if not just for this board alone, recognize the Assistant Coaches and the very important role they play. I’ll start:

Hopewell High School, Pitching Coach Peter Greenwood
    Coach Greenwood is a volunteer, there purely for the love of the game and the players. He brings a perspective to the game based on his experience as a collegiate player and professional minor league pitcher. His communication skills with the players is unsurpassed and their respect for Coach Greenwood is evident in their play and the way they carry themselves both on and off the field. He is there to make them better with no personel agenda.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. SoSwim32

SoSwim32 Junior Member

I think that Coach Cantrell from Swain deserves some consideration. He played ball at the collegiate level so he understands the game of baseball at a very high level and more importantly he has gained the trusts of the players. He is mainly a pitching coach but he is a great leader to all position players and I believe that alot of the teams success this season can be acredited to him.

3. RO/CO

RO/CO Full Access Member

Brian Hatley, Asst coach at East Rowan
    He has done an incredible job with East Rowan's pitching staff.

4. batsandballs29

batsandballs29 Full Access Member

Brian Hatley is at E. Rowan? man i did not know that. no wonder they are doing so well. I played with Hat at catawba but havent seen or heard about him in a year or so. He's a great guy and knows his baseball.

good to hear he's doing well and not surprised that he's helped East succeed.

5. Coach F3

Coach F3 Coach F3

Kenny May-S. Granville

Coach May is not only a great teacher of the game, he is one of the premier motivators of all time. He wears so many hats its incredible. Catching coach, offseason conditioning coordinator, awesome bench coach. Having him to bounce strategies off of is invaluable.

6. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

I vote

Braves he has been beat up all season :MEziek:

7. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

Coach Kenny (Stephens) at East Burke. I know from talking Coach Cozort gives him alot of credit. A former player for coach and now his assistant. Big reason for their success this year

8. believer

believer Member

Coach Scott Parham- South Caldwell

Let me start by saying that South has many hardworking assistant coaches. All of the guys do an outstanding job. Scott Parham serves as his brother's assistant in baseball and varsity girls basketball. I have never seen someone as committed to helping a head coach and players achieve success like Scott. He and his brother are different in some ways, but they both have intensity and determination pumping through every vein in their bodies. If I could choose those 2 men to go into battle with or be assigned a group of 1000 other men, I promise you that I would come out alive with the Parhams.

In addition, Scott's son Gage will be on every college's radar very soon ( if not already - he is a rising 8th grader). Amazing kid and a fantastic young prospect!

9. offspeed

offspeed Junior Member

Got to put in props for Coach Rich LiVolsi at Weddington High School who took over after Coach Poole was suspended late in the season due to unfortunate circumstances. Coach LiVolsi just happened last year to guide the 2007 Weddington High School JV (SW4A) to an undefeated season and now after taking over the varsity team has guided them to SW4A Conference Tournament Championship and a first round win in the state playoffs. Way to go Coach LiVolsi - beat everybody!