1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

USA Today's Sports Section

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by 6'sdad, Jul 9, 2009.

1. cmmguy

cmmguy *

Huh?

2. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Beg to differ

Kristen Murphy wears a mask and she is already getting MAJOR ACC/D1 love.

Maybe they think they will get her to the point where she is cool with not having it on, but I know of several schools already wanting her.

Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller?? Bueler??

3. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

Legally it will get fuzzy when you have a minor, which these girls are, who is injured. I think anyone can imagine all of the minefields in a scenario where a kid is injured... this is why the law classifies them as minors and accords them the ability to not be responsible for their actions or inactons (in the case of not wearing a mask).

The freedom argument applies to adults who are competant to make their own decisions. It doesn't apply to minors and is exactly why I mentioned earlier that I didnt see the relevance here. The exceptions you mentioned above are applicable in this type of scenario... IMHO.

BTW.. great to hear good things breaking for my favorite mask wearer... you go MURPH!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  4. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

What About Baseball?

If a mask is made mandatory for girls, will they apply the same to baseball? I have heard some talk of making boys wear face masks on batting helmets. If they are for safety, then why should girls be made "more safe" than boys????

You can also look at this way, cups are not mandatory in baseball. But I doubt too many boys take the field without one. Cups are not mandatory, but............