1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Verbal Commitments for 2005 Class

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by rattdd, Jul 2, 2004.

1. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

ncbballfan,
    i agree. coach pait has done an excellent job (with the help of john hendricks) this year in recruiting. i see lrc as a team to watch this and the next few years.

2. MVaughn

MVaughn Full Access Member

NCBBallFan;
    I believe that North Meck has had 4 sign: Tom Porter, Michael Cavisinni, Zack Rosenbaum, and Sam Pierce. From my view point, there are at least two other potentials on that team. David McCauley has the ability to play somewhere depending on his choice of schools and major, and Greg Allen also has the ability to play. Greg, I believe has a lot of upside with his 6'-6" frame. Have you heard anything recently about those two players and their potential plans/choices?

Any other of the North players have a chance? How about John Kellett? Heard anything about his arm since the operation?

3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

John Kellett will be playing at the next level. Go watch the guy hit. It's like seeing Vladimir Guerrero at the plate. He's the best "Bad Ball" hitter I've seen up close. He has absolutely the quickest hands I've seen in a high school hitter and he has very good opposite field power.

He's finished rehab and is throwing fine. The only question left to answer is where. Per reports I've heard, he hit .750 the last third of the season last year.

I'm waiting to hear about Brett Richardson next. I'm not sure he'll be available much longer before he commits. Another I'm expecting to hear about soon is LHP/OF Jason Auten. He'd make a nice leadoff hitter for somewhere and you can't have enough lefty pitching.

4. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

More players...

Is there anyone knocking on the door for Alan Parks and Damien Manzetti from North meck? :thinking: These are two solid players.

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Gee ... if you guys are going to keep bringing up North Meck players, it's going to make them sound like Independence or South Meck. How can they sneak up on anyone if you keep doing that.

I've seen some of Damian's workouts. He was clocked at 90MPH at Blue-Gray this past summer and he's been lifting, running and throwing all winter. He's an absolute diamond in the rough. I don't think there is a player in the western part of the state with the exception of Maybin who can hit a baseball as far as Manzetti. I'd take him in a heart-beat as a pitcher/DH at any school. He's got enough upside at both positions to be attractive to most D1 schools.

Parks has great size in a LHP at 6'2". You'd like to see a bit more velocity, but you don't need as much from the left side in order to be attractive to colleges as you do from the right. Some people may disagree, but, to me, Parks is a pitcher only at the next level. He needs to work on getting stronger. He's a D2 to smaller D1 candidate right now. The guy can play.

6. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

Brett will definately be a nice pickup for someone this Spring.
    Jason Auten right now is looking like Surry but that could change with the spring.

7. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Way to go MVaughn. Pops has enough sand up there to refill all the traps at Augusta, thanks for keepin him straight!

The rosters at South Meck and North Meck are just plain scary. You guys have talked about the other North players.

South actually already has 5 signees: Borden (App), Cable (Belmont Abby), Kennedy (UAB), Ratledge (So. Carolina) and Rubenstein (App), and they're not finished yet. TJ Worrell will no doubt sign at a big time program and Daniel Foster will also have an opportunity to play at the next level. And juniors Chase Austin, Reid Rollison, Matt Andress, Matt Layman, Ryan Morris and probably a couple more will be right behind them next year! No joke, and sorry Braves, in terms of total numbers, depth and probably quality, too, this year's Sabres team may be the best collection of high school baseball players ever assembled in North Carolina on one high school team.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Whatchutalkinabout Willis

obviously, the sand from the northside of Charlotte is flowing south to Myers Park.

before the season starts I'll give the true story from all of this parable. Now...back to commitments

9. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

It's not just flowing it is moving by the DUMP TRUCK load. If it were bags of turface and not sand, well then you could ship it all to Roxboro, boy my field would look great and every field in the county too. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man, I love this place!!!

10. highntight

highntight North Meck Dad

North Meck players

MVaughn: Thanks for the kind words about Greg Allen! He has been invited to several workout over the fall, mostly D2 and D3. He really likes the coaching staff at Methodist especially the pitching coach Kevin Allingham. Greg has a strong desire of going into medicine and will be evaluating both the academic and atheletic options availible to him. He hopes to make a decision sometime in early spring. The entire starting nine at North Meck should have the option of playing at the next level if they so desire. This spring's baseball should be very interesting in both the SW4A and MEC8. Good luck to all the talented teams out there!!!