1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Verbal Committments for 2006

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Squid, Jul 20, 2005.

1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

Bryant Gaines to UNC

Charlotte Christian standout RHP Bryant Gaines has verbally committed to the University of North Carolina!!! Gaines is mid-upper 80's and really opened some eyes at the Impact Games up at UNC, with his big 6'5 frame looks very projectable. Congradulations to Bryant and the entire Gaines family!
    :ylsuper:

2. Squid

Squid Full Access Member

Other schools?

there seems to be only large D1 schools popping up on this thread, mostly UNC, NCSU, Clemson, USC... aren't other D1 one schools active or are they just not recruiting Carolina players?

3. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

That is interesting.....Also, when will activity for D2 schools pick up?

4. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I am not an authority, but from our experience: Almost every prospect dreams first of playing D1 & sees himself as good enough. So the D1 schools get first dibs & the D2 & 3 schools clean up the leftovers. the D1's are cherry picking the best pitchers & superstar hitters.

The D2 schools don't want to commit serious money just yet. They want to see who will be available.

D3 has to use financial aid & grants to help their prospects, & it is too early to know who qualifies next year. 06 is based on 05 family earnings.

5. Squid

Squid Full Access Member

only 3 charlotte committments so far

Morris, Kirkpatrick and Gaines are the only 06s from the greater charlotte area to commit and that suprises me a bit. Who am I missing?

I would expect Bard and some of the SMeck, NMeck and Providence guys to soon but who knows?

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I believe many players are wisely taking their 5 official visits before commiting anywhere

7. PLynch56

PLynch56 Junior Member

Clemson is gonna be really good if not etremely good with all their 2006 recruits...not to mention Dj Mitchell who is going there this year. I believe he hit .585 or something like that this year.....they should also consider giving Addison Johnson the bat when he gets there after this year.

8. Nuff Ced

Nuff Ced Full Access Member

Kendric Burney - '06 - SW Onslow -- going to UNC. Will sign a FB schollie. Will play baseball.

9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

bet ya he wont do both...

10. Nuff Ced

Nuff Ced Full Access Member

betcha he won't do both for the long haul. betcha he already knows which one he'll pick if he has to choose.