1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Verbal Committments for 2006

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Squid, Jul 20, 2005.

1. cats2005

cats2005 Junior Member

Not sure where you got your stats, but according to article in Winston-Salem
    Journal announcing Mitchell's signing, he batted somewhere around .350 or below. Not sure of exact number..

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

This one is exciting !!!!!

Drew Poulk, OF from West Carteret HS in Morehead City has given his verbal to UNC.

Drew placed 20th on the prospect chart coming out of East Coast Pro!!!!

WAY TO GO D !!!!! :229031_ha :229031_ha :229031_ha

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

The rich keep getting richer UNC snares one of the best hitters in the state in Drew Poulk. This young man is going to be a monster at the plate for the Tar Heels :229031_ha

Congratulations Drew. I'm looking forward to following your continued success at Chapel Hill.

PS- Does your Mom and Dad look good in Baby Blue

4. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Dallas Poulk

I had the opportunity to get to know this young man this summer. My son played with him on the Carolina Cubs. Hustle hustle hustle. This kid plays all out all the time. What a great young man and a great attitude. He runs everywhere he goes. He can play 3b ss 2b all outfield posistions and can hurl it as well. And he can flat out hit from the leftside. He has excellent speed and is a very smart baserunner. This kid is going to be a great college player. This guys make up is off the charts. I dont think there is a better player in the state when you take into account his versatility and his baseball mentality. Whoever gets Dallas will be very fortunate indeed.

5. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Who signed with UNC? Dallas or Drew?

Either would be a great get.

6. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Drew signed with UNC .....

(and yeah, they are related ... Drew's brother Matt is a senior at UNC-W too ... baseball family !!!)

7. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

Wes Hobson to Appalachian State University

Congratulations Wes on committing to ASU! You got the school you wanted! Go out and enjoy your senior year at North Forsyth now.

Brenda, I just heard that starting in Spring of 2007 the parents of incoming Freshman at ASU are responsible for concession stand duty... you don't have a problem with that, right?

Attached Files:

8. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

Charlotte Christian's Jared Bard recently has comitted to UNC! I believed he chose UNC over Elon and Wake Forest. Congradulations Jared and his family!

9. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

Matt Andress to App. State

South Meck standout RHP Matt Andress has made a verbal commitment to App St. yesterday! App is getting a a very reliable player who has had a great school season and a great summer. congradulations to the Andress family!

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Way to go Matt!!! Great pick up for App State....pretty solid South Meck connection starting to form at App.

I know Larry and Emily are very proud....congratulations to the Andress family.:trophy: