1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Veritas - Kernersville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by RedWolves3, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baseball Lover

Baseball Lover Junior Member

Veritas teachers and coaches

Thanks for the positive responses thus far!

As an extra note, please also pray for the teachers and coaches who have done SO much to make this possible for the boys. They all have a difficult decision to make, with finances so tight. We know that family comes first, and want God to help guide them in their decisions, and know that we love them for what they have done for our sons.

2. sportsmom

sportsmom Full Access Member

Consider it done!

3. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

I

also wish the boys & their families the best.

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

WOW!!!!

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Unless there is something new that develops, can we move on from this thread. I can't imagine another point of view that has not been discussed.

I believe everyone can agree on the most important point. We all want the kids involved to have a great experience and not be hurt.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  6. deacpride

deacpride Junior Member

I have to apologize to the baseball parents because I can't put myself in their shoes. I know a couple of the parents and they have told me how much the school has changed their son's life and affected their family in a positive way. However I don't apologize for sticking up for the school because I know several people at the school that could have left, but instead chose to roll up their sleeves and work on keeping the school going, finding a way to get teacher pay caught up, and providing for the immediate needs through money out of their own pockets and from donations. My heart goes out to those people too. They have not been paid either. They just love the kids and parents and are committed to work to get the situation fixed. All the focus has been on baseball, but how about keeping the administrators in your prayers because they carry a heavy burden. Parents have told me they have admitted their mistakes.

Braves, Putt and Coach 27, you are entitled to voice your opinions and I respect the fact that you feel like you do towards the school. No problem. I hope they prove you wrong, but if not you have had your say. Just hope they pull it out for a great bunch of kids. I have numerous reports of lives being changed.

Baseball parents, please do what you think is right for you and your sons. Don't let anybody convince you that your decision is wrong, regardless of whether you stay or go. Hopefully if you decide to leave the school you and your sons will be able to take the lessons you learned through the teachings and chapels and make a difference wherever you go. I wish you the best and know that everybody at the school is pulling for you.

I believe from everything I have heard and information I have received from people at the school, the school will continue on and things will be turned around. I am still pulling for them although I don't have a kid at the school. I will be at the basketball home games coming up because I want to show the school that some people in the community believe in their mission and want to see it continue on.

Go get em baseball boys wherever you go! Go get em Veritas! I am pulling for both groups.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What exactly do I feel about your school? What is it that I have said that must be proved wrong. Geez...I thought I was one of the supporters.

But, I'll take my own advice and move on to what this forum is about and that's HS baseball; and hope everyone else does, too. Good luck to the school and to the students that have enrolled.

8. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Deac, Not sure where you come with that. Many of us, myself included are praying for the school, the kids and the staff. Short of cash donations I am supporting you. Braves, 27 and myself as well as many others have been very supportive. Just 2 weeks ago I was taking someone to the school for next year. I don't know what more you want from everyone here. I'm out. Good luck.

9. deacpride

deacpride Junior Member

I apologize to Braves, Putt and Coach. I know you have been positive. I read Plate Dad's post and he lumped you guys in there. Thanks for humbling me. I hope they prove Plate Dad wrong. I am so sorry for saying you guys were against the school. Going back and reading your posts is true indication you are pulling for everything to work out for the best regardless of what happens. I just got a little emotional reading Plate Dad's post.

Please accept my apology.

10. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

There

is no need for an apology. I certainly understand these are tough times to have to deal with. I am sure it will work out for the students. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.