1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Veritas Sports Academy Opening in Kernersville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by triadbaseball, Aug 1, 2008.

1. triadbaseball

triadbaseball Member

There is a new high school opening in Kernersville for grades 9 -12. 99% of the students are invited to play a sport. It will be a "Prep" school so there are no limitations on practice time. They have baseball, basketball, golf and wrestling. They will add football next year.

What do you think about the concept?? Does anyone have any information on Veritas Sports Academy??

2. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

They have a very strong Headmaster in Terry Moffet formerly of Wesleyan Christian in High Point. Don't know much about the coaches. I hear good things. I think they are currently operating out of a church until a building is completed. I know many kids that are going to start there or have applied. They come from varied academic backgrounds. Obviously school is not accredited yet. Many will be watching to see how the academics develop. Has gotten a lot of good publicity around here. Lots of celebrities endorsing it such as Shaun Alexander of the Seahawks. Many people clamored to either get in or figure out how to get in. Everyone looking for the latest and greatest. However many are taking a wait and see attitude. Curious where their games will be ie.. where will their opponents come from. Don't see a lot of public schools playing them. I'm hearing a very popular local baseball person is going to be involved with the baseball program but I cannot confirm if this is true or not. I know some people that claim to be representatives of the school have "approached" some kids about attending. It could turn out to be someting very good. The local guy driving the project is a former pro athlete and a good christian man with good intentions. Personally I think this first year or two will tell a lot. I hope it works out for the kids that go there.

3. east

east Full Access Member

Former University of Maryland point guard Keith Gatlin is the head basketball coach

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

huh?

a high school sports academy??

5. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

There are actually many across the country. Some specific to one sport, like tennis or golf. Lots that are basketball factories. And there are a few Veritas Academies scattered about. Not sure how many but I there are a few on the West Coast.

6. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Cost

What is the cost to attend???? This will define their players. Many key players will be unable to afford.

7. Plate Dad

8. Plate Dad

If regular schools play them here is who they might get a win. And that is a big might.

9. triadbaseball

triadbaseball Member

The cost is free at this point in time. I would not expect the local schools to play them.

10. triadbaseball

triadbaseball Member