1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Veritas Sports Academy Opening in Kernersville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by triadbaseball, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Braves and Catamount hit it on some good points. Yes the some counties have problems. The state only funds part of the system. The requirements for teachers applying to teach are the same. Are you going to get a larger pool of teachers to pull from in the larger systems. Yes they have things other than the school to attach people. Having a father who taught for the WSFC system gives me a little insight in to why. It was not for the money. He loved it. Was he thanked everyday no. Did he get complaints for parents. Yes. The point is they do it not for the money but the pride. Just as coach works with a team. Coaches maintain and improve their fields why. One: the system does not provide it and if they did it. It would be screwed up. The other is pride. As catamount stated it is the Parents. I am sure that if you did not agree with what is happening at your kid(s) school you would be down in a minute to see what is going on and if you can help to fix. Having a son who has finished with the public school system now in college. He did not get there by just saying he wanted to go. He worked for it. We as his parents helped. I do not know how many kids say they want to go, really go. And do nothing. I do know that most that do have parents working with them to in sure that they go to school, do their homework and respect the instructors. Braves is correct in stating that everyone does not need to be lawyers. We need the service guys. How many unemployed plumbers do you know? If they want to work. Zero is the answer. I am not sure how we balance things as for as new looking schools, feilds. Address the small problem first: students not doing homework, attending class and others. Look at catamounts tag line.Take care of the little things and the big ones will take care of themselves. I can say this as parents we should be looking to see what we can do. It does not take a check to build a school. It does take time. Yours, mine and I'm sure they would even let Braves help in some way. Bet if you got parents involed at these schools helping teachers with kids that need that little extra help in the fundamentals, helping that kid explore upper learning that would fit him. Everyone wants to go to the big schools, but smaller ones my fit thier needes better. If you do these things you will find that the college rate would climb. But, waiting on a check is not going to do it. Here is the state's website link to public education. It has all kind of good info. http://www.ncgov.com/NCAgency.aspx Just look under public schools and it has drop boxes. Well, I am off my soap box for now.

2. Plate Dad

3. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

Veritas Baseball Team Ready To Take the Field​
    (Sports Carolina Monthly 9/10/08)​
    October 31 can’t get here fast enough for Coach Tommy Adcock and the rest of the
    Veritas Sports Academy baseball coaching staff. That is when the Warriors travel to
    Winter Haven, FL for a baseball showcase featuring plenty of college and professional
    baseball scouts eager to get the first peak of this year’s crop of high school baseball
    talent.
    While the Warrior coaches plan to use this trip to access their squad’s overall talent, it
    looks like pitching, overall speed and hitting are the team strengths. The team will then
    travel to the Dominican Republic in mid November.
    Lead by senior right hander Logan Self who verbally committed to Campbell University
    last week, Veritas has three other top pitchers in sophomore Ryan Mayhew, junior Joe
    Max Floyd and junior D.J. Russ. Self throws 85-88 mph and has great command of his
    fast ball and change up while Mayhew is extremely durable and capable of giving the
    Warriors lots of innings. Add Floyd to the mix with off speed pitching and Russ’curve
    ball and ability to start or come in as a reliever.
    Defensively, Veritas is very young, but they compensate their youth with a stable of
    strong arms and speed getting to the ball. Bat speed and base running also figure to be
    major factors for the team’s success due to the experience of Veritas’ coaching staff.
    In addition to Head Coach Tommy Adcock’s demand for perfection from his team,
    former Montreal Expo Mo Blakeney will work with outfielders and Joey Hammond who
    recently ended his career with the Philadelphia Phillies organization, will coach the
    infield. Both assistant coaches will serve as hitting instructors. “The knowledge of our
    staff is on the level of college and professional instruction” says Adcock.
    Blakeney likes the team’s strength up the middle. Sophomore catcher Logan Gunn
    throws to second in the two second range plus adds a strong bat with power gap to gap.
    Mark Nales and Logan Self cover the middle infield and three strong contenders in
    Caleb Collins, Sanders Kuxhusen and Markel Johnson will compete for center field
    duties.
    “Team chemistry is outstanding. Athleticism will make this one of the best fundamental
    teams in the southeast” adds Adcock. Strength and Conditioning Coaches Allen Branch,
    Jack Smith and Zach Newell bring a unique team approach uncommon to any other high
    school program by offering a balanced training regimen featuring a blend of speed,
    strength and agility.
    Combine a top rated pitching staff with team speed and hitting along with strength up the
    middle starting with one of the top catchers in the state. Add in a strength and
    conditioning program second to none. Then place this under the watch of an experienced
    coaching staff and you have the making for an exciting season of baseball. Veritas Sports​
    Academy baseball is hungry to hit the field.

4. PrepsBooster

PrepsBooster Junior Member

So, how did Veritas do in Florida?

5. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

BTTT.

We have been hearing so much about this team. How did they do in Florida? I wouldn't expect them to dominate. Afterall it's a new school. Plus, dominating in november doesn't get you much but it would be nice to get an update from those who have posted here previously.

6. Plate Dad

Is this wood or metal? What other teams will be there?

7. FOUL BALL

FOUL BALL Junior Member

I heard last night that 2 of the 3 seniors at Veritas signed with a Div 1 school this week. Does anyone know which 2 and where they are going?

8. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

:beatdeadhorse5:

9. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

signings

i think one signed with NC A&T and the other with Campbell..

10. play4u

play4u Junior Member

Self and Nales from Veritas nail down baseball scholarships

Self and Nales from Veritas nail down baseball scholarships
    By Andy | November 18, 2008 - 11:14 am - Posted in College, High School
    Veritas Sports Academy is pleased to announce the early signing decisions by Logan Self and Mark Nales and would also like to announce their early signing day of Thursday, November 20 at 1:30 p.m. at First Christian Church in Kernersville off of Highway 150. Self, from Oak Ridge, has signed on a baseball scholarship to Campbell University and will be a tremendous asset to the Camels. Nales, from Reidsville, has signed with North Carolina A&T also on a baseball scholarship and will give the Aggies depth coming into their season.

By Andy | November 18, 2008 - 11:14 am - Posted in College, High School
    Veritas Sports Academy is pleased to announce the early signing decisions by Logan Self and Mark Nales and would also like to announce their early signing day of Thursday, November 20 at 1:30 p.m. at First Christian Church in Kernersville off of Highway 150. Self, from Oak Ridge, has signed on a baseball scholarship to Campbell University and will be a tremendous asset to the Camels. Nales, from Reidsville, has signed with North Carolina A&T also on a baseball scholarship and will give the Aggies depth coming into their season.