1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Veritas Sports Academy Opening in Kernersville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by triadbaseball, Aug 1, 2008.

1. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

There are plenty of positives on the school while there are also some questions that cannot be answered until that bridge is crossed. Like anything else, there will be obstacles and I'm sure they will get through those obstacles. It's a great idea. I hope the school leadership pulls it off.

2. basketballmom64

basketballmom64 Junior Member

It is an all boys prep school. They opened this year. My son is one of the basketball players.

3. basketballmom64

My son plays basketball for them. So far we are thrilled! They have searched and found some of the best teachers. The basketball team is coached by Keith Gatlin, former Maryland player. The team is comprised of an international roster with kids from around the world. There are 3 players over 7'. Going to be an incredible team.

4. basketballmom64

The schedule is going to be comprised of 35 games, 5 of which are home. They are scheduled to play Dunbar, Oak Hill, etc. School is definitely legitimate. Academics are top notch. They have an awesome athletic trainer.

5. trainer0828

trainer0828 Junior Member

Where are they practicing now? Where are they going to play home games? I know school isnt built yet they are attending classes at church in K'ville.

6. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

not too sure on how the good grades requirement is being pushed.

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

?????????

8. trainer0828

trainer0828 Junior Member

Hope they are pushing the academics as strong as the athletics. Chances are even if they do go on to play in college, few or none will go on to make a living by playing sports. Even if they do things can change in a heart beat (injury etc...) that means you have to earn a living doing something else that usually requires college degree. One of the coaches at the school just got his degree in December of last year after leaving college over 20 years ago without getting it.

9. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I hope so too.

I think I know the coach you are talking about and I think it is good he went back and got his degree. I am aware of many reasons he did not go back earlier. I think it speaks highly thatnhe went back. Now he can practice what he preaches to the kids.

I also wonder how the academics will be out there but I see this coach going back to school as a positive.

10. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

The past show the future.....

Does anyone have any info or sites that show how this program has faired? Players to who? Are they playing? Yea. I know it's free. But, sometimes free is not. :trampoline: