1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Watauga vs Alexander Thread

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by whspioneers, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Yea

Anyone with half a brain should know that having Deal at the helm is a blessing. This guy is a great coach. Harper was a great hire too. We have a great coaching staff, they are very dedicated and care about the kids. They do it the right way. We have some idiots in the community who don't feel that way, but idiots are idiots.

2. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

IN BOTH CONTESTS THE COUGARS BEAT THEMSELVES, AND YES THERE WERE SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IN BOTH GAMES WAS THIS , BOTH HICKORY AND FREEDOM WANTED IT MORE. THE COUGARS DO NOT HAVE THE REFUSE TO LOSE MENTALITY THEY NEED TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF TALENT BUT LACK DISCIPLINE AND CONSISTENCY ON OFFENSE. BUT HOLD ON, ARE THEY STARTING TO PUT THINGS TOGETHER WITH TWO IMPRESSIVE WINS, OUTSCORING THEIR OPPONENTS 53 - 3. THE BIG QUESTIONS NOW ARE, DO THEY HAVE THE PHYSICAL ENDURANCE AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS TO GO THE DISTANCE?

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Couple of points. The Cougars did get a bad deal at Hickory. Two Touchdowns were called back, one of which was a rediculas call, in fact both were bad. They also lost a third td that was ruled out of bounds. They did not respond well at Freedom and that is why they lost. You are right, they lack discipline at times but as for the mental toughness, here is what I think has happened. After Hickory, where they had a legitimate beef with the refs, they sulked at Freedom. It cost them. They were pissed against Watauga, as they should have been, boom they kicked ass. The defense is great, the offense is inconsistant, but they may have enough swagger now to make a run. With a defense like they have, you're in every game.

4. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

yeah

yeah my freshman year was deals first year and that spring semester was when harper came in and took over the weight training program.. these guys are the best friends a person could have.. they care about the kids and they push the kids not to settle for anything less than the very best.. they teach young kids to go out and earn everything they get and do it the right way.. sure theres coaches i didnt agree with.. and those coaches are no longer there.. all except for a couple lol.. but deal and harper.. the leaders of this football program.. theyve been criticized with being car salesman and sellin the team to the crowd... thats bs.. that was us showing yall people that come to the games how much we appreciate yall coming.. look what deal and harper brought.. my junior yr.. 3 yrs after deal was there we went to playoffs.. my senior year just deals 4th year.. won and went to 2nd round.. last year we went and this year the kids have really pushed and gotten rid of the kids that dont want to sacrifice for the team.. deal and harper... lay off of them because if they ever leave alexander central.. we'll truly see a downgrade in the play of our boys on the team and as young men in this community.