1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Watauga Vs South Caldwell - The Showdown

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BallWatcher, Mar 16, 2008.

1. fmrtitangreat

fmrtitangreat mcdowell titans

freeman-mcdowell
    rhoney(if i spelled that wrong i apologize)-east burke

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I understand the history of AC, especially after that one game (Greene). But the Pioneers are shooting for the conference championship...and how are they going to do that?..."if you are going to be the best, you must beat the best". They had that game's date circled all year.

But anyway, you go to Taylorsville and wish all those folks my best. I'll go to Boone for the SC game.:hallo:

3. BallWatcher

BallWatcher Member

First the last game. Wow what a game. Watauga came out with the mentality if they could only hold South to no runs there was no way they could lose. It paid off. Tyler Moore was nothing short of amazing. How is this guy not signed yet? His fast ball doesn't jump up the radar but the heck if he doesn't have as much or more guts as anyone in the league. He had the South hitters just completely messed up and he didn't make a mistake. Messer was also nothing short of magnificent. He was everything I expected. He was hitting 91 consistently and his off speed stuff was breaking hard. The only well hit ball I saw off the night was probably Adam Church's double. If they are playing at Watauga that ball is probably gone. Wow he has been hot this season. He is one of the junior leaders of the team IMO. In the only 4 conference games he has hit a double or home run in all of them. He hit a home run off of Jordan Darnell, and Reggie Washington, and has doubles off of Messer, Johnson, and the AC Reynolds starter? not sure of the name. That shows you he can do it off of big time pitching in Darnell and Messer. Watch out for this guy he is looking great. As for the game, Watauga just battled until the end. They really got after it, you could see how bad they wanted it. They had a couple of balls hit in the holes that South had to make amazing plays on to keep from being base hits and thats what really kept it close. Who would have thought with a man on second and two outs and two strikes the Coaches son would step up as a sophomore in the 9 hole and get a base hit to put Watauga ahead off of a NC signee and IMO an early pro draft pick. Wataugas defense was flawless and just would not allow South Caldwell to have a late win. Congratulations to Coach Hardee and the Watauga program, they hung in from all the hype and all the doubters and really shocked the state with this one. They deserve a bunch of credit.

Now on to the rematch in Boone. I know I will be getting there around 2 to hopefully promise a good seat. Ill go ahead and let you know, this place was jumping around the town after this win and they are ready for the rematch in Watauga. This town is all of the sudden crazed for Watauga baseball and I am sure South will bring more than their fair share of fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Messer vs. Moore rematch and I am ready for it. I think there will be as many people there has been since the final four game about 5 years ago. If you are planning on making the trip up the mountain I would plan on coming early because it is going to be packed!... Good luck to both teams but as always I am pulling for Watauga. Go Pioneers!

In my prediction for the "King of the Mountain Showdown" it is WHS 2 South 1

LETS GET IT ON!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Most playoff appearances since 1980. Pretty much what a excepted.
    1- South- 24
    2- ACR- 18 ( mostly not in the this conference)
    3- A.C.- 17
    4- Freedom- 5
    5- Mcdowell- 5
    6- Watauga- 5
    7- E.B.- 3

South and Alexander Central have been going toe to toe for a long time. South has in the last few years seemed to have distanced themselves from everyone.
    Realignment will make for one of the most competitive baseball conferences in the state. Would still like to know who has won championships and how many since 1980 or so.

5. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

Been busy, don't check the board much outside baseball season. Not sure if I'm going to be on the dish or not, but as it stands right now, with the rotation I'm on with my partner, I'm schedule for the bases. If we get a rain out or something happens where a game gets added or canceled, it could change. I'll be the one with the short hair and goatee...lol