1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

watch out for 06's and 07's......

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Nov 24, 2004.

1. MVaughn

MVaughn Full Access Member

There are also a couple of 07's at other schools that I want to mention.

Corey Shaylor is a C/2B at Independence. He has a very consistant bat and has a real chance to contribute this season - like Independence needs any help.

Alex Hill is a lefty OF/1B who was at West Charlotte, but may have transferred to Vance. Has a quick bat with a lot of power. Don't pitch him inside.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Dang...even with Braves's 'ritmatic that would give NM 5 pitchers commited to college...Geez..most schools would be happy with 1. Maybe we shouldn't even play the season and just send the rings to NM.

3. MVaughn

MVaughn Full Access Member

Braves;
    Isn't that a hoot? Most schools are turning over rocks to find pitchers and North has pitchers that cann't even get on the mound. I personally feel that with a little work, Greg Allen who is a 6'6" 05 P/1B, would be pitching regularly at any other school in the state. NCBBall fan mentioned Travis Shoemaker is an 05 that I have seen pitch and he is good, and he didn't try out for baseball last season. Brandon Kelly is an 05 lefty pitcher who didn't try out last season and he could log innings at many schools.

It must be nice to be so blessed with good arms.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yet, I'm sure we will hear NC sandbaggin' all year about some silly things like '"We don't know if we can hit"....sheesh...even their pitchers can hit except Zack Rosenbaum :D..but he swings so hard that if the ball happened to meet his bat...pow..GONE YARD!!!

No, North Meck is a top 3 team in the state at the 4A level. They won't be sneaking up on anybody despite the lampooning that NC will undoubtedly be giving

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Now look who's talking. It's not going to work Braves ....South Meck has 5 (repeat 5) players already committed with two players in the top 500 in the nation and their top pitcher (and one of the absolute best in the region) hasn't committed yet. They also have the best hitter in the west and some outstanding speed. 5 college-signed position players on the field AT ONCE will have a tremendous impact. The arms down there are outstanding too.

Give me a break Braves .... we have to prove we can get past Independence who (by the way) is returning a lion's share of the State Finals team from last season. Hopewell is going to be much improved, as is Central Cabarrus and both will be contenders. One very good team will have to sit out this late May.

6. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Hey... offer fullscholrships to PHS--- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: send all those arms to us and we'll take care of them, since there is such a surplus down Charlotte way!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

7. NCBBallFan

Coach Evans ... Braves has a tendency to exaggerate quite a bit when it comes to North Meck ... he's trying his best to deflect attention away to that powerhouse they've been building down at South Meck. Year-in and out, South Meck puts together one of the most dangerous teams in the state and this season, they will have the same sort of depth that you normally only see at JH Rose. South Meck, this season, is on a par with JT Hoggard, New Bern, Independence and the survivor of the CAP-6 (Wakefield / Millbrook / Leesville) Yes, the Cap-6 is going to be that good this year people.

8. coachevans26

That was obvoius to me :rofl: I like a little good natured bantering back and forth, who doesn't? Sounds like some sandbagging somewhere....

BTW-- I will have a good idea about both Wakefield and Leesville Rd as we scrimmage Leesville and play Wakefield. I do remember many good things about Wakefield from last year, especially the fact that their JV team was loaded 2 years ago and they were very solid last year. Wakefield is extremely well coached by Ed Hall (father of Brandon Hall at UNC-C). Leesville, well our scrimmage has been cancelled last 2 years b/c of snow, so they will be new to us talent-wise, but as usual, well-coached by Steve Williams.

9. NCBBallFan

We talk about strong teams and a lot of 4A stuff, but the team to watch this season will be TC Roberson. This year is going to be something very special up there in Asheville.

Think about an OF with Cameron Maybin, Wes Williams (Unv VA), Travis Murray (Wingate) ... Throw in one of the best 06 pitchers in the state in Josh Thrailkill and possibly one of the top-2 2007 middle infielders in the state in Justin Jackson. Let Murray throw some games with Thrailkill (I'm sure they look at him as a pitcher also at Wingate) ....

That's a LOT OF OFFENSE, GREAT DEFENSE and OUTSTANDING PITCHING.

Last time I checked, that was a good formula to win some games.

10. coachevans26

To me TC Roberson is as good a program as there is in the state, regardless of school size. :applause: