1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

watch out for 06's and 07's......

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Here's a player that will be a top 10 in the state next year. Junior lefty, Ryan Morris, of South Mecklenburg. This 6'3" pitcher throws gas. Last year he was topping 87+ with a nasty curve and invited to Impact's team where he put on a show at PG's World Wood Championship.

But....Ryan, also, has a college level bat. Take my word for this. Ryan Morris will be a statewide known name and on everyone's college wish list come July.

2. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

Braves, I couldn't agree more on Morris. I got to watch him several weekends this fall and he was very consistent, hitting the ball to all fields. Athletic enough to play 1B and outfield. We actually saw him top 90 mph a few times.

3. 007

007 Full Access Member

Agreed. Also liked the Freeman ? kid on last years SM JV team. He
    looked like Andruw Jones in center. What's his status ?

4. Braves

TJ Freeman is fast and smooth. I would like to see him try to be a gap hitter vs trying to over power the ball. He could become a great leadoff hitter if he uses his speed. TJ will have to compete with Zac Kennedy (two time all conference) in center, unless Coach Bagwell moves Kennedy to 3rd base.

5. 007

007 Full Access Member

Braves-I thought it was TJ but I didn't figure there could possibly be two TJs on the same team. Then I saw two TJ's on last year's South Caldwell team. What's up with that ? If you are telling me that Freeman may not start for SM, you are really tipping your hand and probably sending shivers up the spines of your conference opponents. He looked like an all conference-type player to me and he is your #2 CF. Yikes.

6. Braves

No...he's #4 behind Kennedy, Ryan Morris and the other TJ.

Seriously, I'd love to see TJ nail down center and move Kennedy to 3rd...but that's why they pay Bagwell the big bucks

Oh...did I mention that Freeman transferred from North Meck because of playing time

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  7. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

Zach Vogler And Brandon Johnson

I saw Zach Vogler and Brandon Johnson play a lot over the summer. They are both great ball player with D1 potential. Does anyone what colleges are looking at them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  8. PMTBaseball

PMTBaseball Junior Member

West Raleigh area

There are some "lesser known" outstanding players in the 06 and 07 classes from the West Raleigh area as well... for starters...

Apex - Michael Knox (07) - 1B, big and strong, hits for power and was an impact player as a Freshman on Apex Varsity and on Sr. Legion.

Apex - Seth Frankoff (06) - RHP, 6'3", good velocity, also a catcher and 1B....

Athens Drive - Rhett Miller (06) - OF, Super fast, great outfielder, lefty, contact hitter and excellent baserunner. All-tournament for Cary Bulls Jr. Legion State Championship team.

Green Hope - Cory Tilton (06) - Fine outfielder, great speed. Also plays SS and will pitch some this year. Contact hitter, gap power, excellent baserunner, smart, an all-around good player. All-tournament for Cary Bulls Jr. Legion State Championship team, Bulls defensive player of the year award.

Green Hope - Michael Gyoerkoe (06) - 2B, contact hitter and fast, aggressive baserunner. Played 2B for Cary Sr. Legion as a sophomore.

Green Hope - David Shambley (07) - Catcher, hits for power, strong arm, can pitch and play 3B, good glove. All-tournament for Cary Bulls Jr. Legion State Championship team.

9. GamecockScout23

GamecockScout23 Member

Winston-Salem

I am a big watcher of the Winston-Salem area, does anyone have an opinion on who the top 06's and 07's are in Winston? I keep hearing a few names over and over, anybody with potential?

10. 007

007 Full Access Member

CJ Beatty