1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

watch out for 06's and 07's......

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Nov 24, 2004.

1. rowancountybaseball

rowancountybaseball Member

names for gamecockscout23

There are two I have mentioned before they played against us in legion last summer Zack Vogler and Brandon Johnson. These two are quite sleepers that someone will grab on to just follow them. I wonder which colleges are following them??? I would guess quite a lot... Have you heard of either one??? If you want an opnion on either one just contact the guy who coached them I believe his name was charles kurfees or something I think thats his last name he from somewhere in mocksville nc????

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. JM15

JM15 Moderator

PMT... That's a good list you got there. I played for the Bulls for 2 years, they produce a lot of talent.

Josh Hamilton, Landon Powell (A's farm system), Mickey Hall (Red Sox farm system), Jake Hall (GT), Jon Willard (USC), Brian Caudill (App State)... just a few names who have done pretty well that played for the Cary Bulls.

One I think you may have forgot to put on that list is:
    Cary HS
    Michael Rooney
    SS/2B

Rooney is a very good middle infielder with a great glove and arm. He started at 2B for CHS as a freshman, and played SS last year as a sophomore. He's definitely one to keep an eye on. Cary has a few other '06 guys who can play as well. Andrew Wilson and Bryan Booth have also played well early in their career for CHS. They both play for the Bulls as well.

Gyeorke (spellin, sorry man) is a very solid 2B as well like you said. Lots of hustle and fight in him.

3. catcher25

catcher25 Full Access Member

Zach Vogler and Brandon Johnson are both great ball players. Brandon was the ace pitcher on the junior legion team in mockville. He doesnt look like much but he can pitch. He has a good fastball that he spots, a good curveball, and a good change up. When you keep your ERA around 1 all year long your pretty good. Vogler is a spark plug. When he gets on base things happen. He can hit to all parts of the field. This kid can chase a ball down. Natural CF and he can go get them. I wont forget the catch he had in the state tournament when he fully laid out for a ball over his head he looked like jim edmonds. These two players are def D2 prospects possibly some D1 schools. To throw another name out is Chad Jarvis. He's a big lefty who pitches. This kid was the #2 starter for Mocksville. He has the potential for a good D2 school.

4. GamecockScout23

GamecockScout23 Member

Players

I saw Rooney play last year. He is quick. My brother and his wife have a son that played AAU with Vogler. He is real and I even believe he good go big D-! if he got some looks. Any other names out there?

5. elon2001

elon2001 Junior Member

Another player to look out for in the winston area, is Sean Gannaway (06,) He's a 6-1, 185 pound pitcher/ss at forsyth country day school in Lewisville. He is as good as anyone in the area, and has some division 1 interest already.

6. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

elon2001:

Welcome to the board..

All new members are required to do a brain dump so the rest of us are informed. For me, it normally takes about 12 seconds and then I'm out of ideas and information.

7. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

A player to watch in the 06/07 class is Alex Hill. The sophmore outfielder for Vance High is one of the best hitters in the State.

8. CanIGetABandAid

CanIGetABandAid Junior Member

I played on the carolina copperheads 16u tpx team this summer with alex. he has some of the quickest hands ive ever seen. Anything on the inside part of the plate he can yank 300+ feet. He has worked real hard on going with the pitch to the opposite field and is showing significant improvement. In the outfield he has good range and a stong arm. He may have a future in pitching. Movement on all his pitches is his key to success. Left handed, his fastball tails in onto lefties, making them jam thereselves. If he can consistently hit his spots, he can be very dangerous.

9. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

player to watch-06

The player to watch that is never mentioned is alex Hill who wil be a junior at Vance. I watched him and Madison Bumgardner play in two tournaments this fall and this kid can flat out hit. The word out is he is being recruited by Clemson and may signed with them this spring. Does anyone have any more info on this kid. He seems to be under the radar when it comes to players to watch out for.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  10. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

Alex plays for the Copperheads Organization, however took the fall off to concentrate more on his school work. He is a great kid with alot of upside. He has very quick hands and is a left-hander. If he works to get his speed up and his footwork he is going to have a great opportunity to play somewhere big. Playing at Vance will keep you more under the radar VS a higher profile baseball school. A talent like Alex will be found wherever he is.