1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Way to go North Davidson

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by lightningdad, May 23, 2006.

1. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Opps, sorry I posted in wrong thread.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  2. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

Did this really happened, Did you see it or was told. I hope this is something somebody made up

3. Papabear

Papabear Full Access Member

On Video?

Now CC can watch the game on video.

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

ouch!!!!!!!!!:satana:

5. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

countin chickens

I hope you guys keep thinking that way,cuz looking over teams bit a few last week!I know of 1 little dirty blonde that's not gonna lay down,& give you guys a free pass to Raleigh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twocents:

6. LLTC Coach

LLTC Coach Banned From TBR

Be careful

Don't put her in the middle of your spiteful thinking. She is too good of a kid. It is about time for you to stop speaking on her behalf and let her do her own talking.

But I am sure if she doesn't win for the fourth time it won't have anything to do with the fact that her team has not been able to produce any offense over the last 21 innings!!!! Or it might be as you have said in the past that errors is what lost the game.

It is time to give the ND team, Glosson, the ND defense, and offense their props!

7. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

slugfest?? where, when?

Don't know the last time I saw a "slugfest" in a girls fastpitch softball game, especially when the players are say minimum age 14 up to 18 & above and pitchers were above-average .
    Seems most games (with good pitching) are normally 1-0, 2-1, etc. OR maybe one team dominates with scores of maybe 4-0, or 5-0, etc.

But don't see what I would term as slugfests for both teams. I just see that as a big difference in softball & baseball. Interesting fact: I checked the stats for NCSU & UNC (to mention college players a moment) & neither team had a player to bat .300 or above. Would you have guessed that? & both these teams were top 25 programs in Div. 1 ball.

8. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Unfortunately I saw both happen. Now I wasn't there in Raleigh last June, but I was told Sherrill didn't shake the West Forsyth's players hands last year after the 19 inning state final game and also treated their coaches badly before and after the game. I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions.

9. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Shaking hands with players of opposing teams is something that he has never done at any game. I think it is a superstition he has. He shakes hands with the coaches, ect.

10. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

It's Still a POOR example for the kids!

If that's the case,It's a ridiculous "superstion" in my opinion. After all,the main point of all this softball "competition" is not only to teach the kids to function as a team,it's also so the coaches and adults can set an example of "SPORTSMANSHIP" that will hopefully last these kids a lifetime and affect their lives in a positive fashion. IMHO,it's RUDE and TASTELESS if it's in fact true...And of top of it all,THE COACH acting like that????:imagestor