1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 1, Feb 27-March 3

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Watauga/AK

PPD

2. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

S Meck Vs Weddington

Bostic threw a great game for Weddington. The breaking ball was very good, but it didn't get a lot of love from the Umpire. A couple really good pitches were called balls and gave life to the hitter. Extra pitches turned into hits for SM. You got to hand it to them...S Meck took the opportunities that presented themselves and made Weddington pay.

Weddington came out strong with the bats, scoring 3 in the 1st. W left the bases loaded 3 times on the night, and 2 men on twice that I recall. I think they stranded 14-15 runners on the bases for the game. Bad base running cost Weddinton 3 outs and 1 run. Add in a couple misplayed balls and it added up to 3 runs for SM. On a bright note, they did have a 1-5-3 double play. I cannot recall seeing that one before.

Statisically....this game was not close. However this game is not won or lost with Statistics. SM converted most of their opportunities and Weddington did not. I think Tuesdays game will be a good one to see. SM will look to keep their winning streak going. Weddington will come out with something to prove and try to redeem the one that got away.

3. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

Heard rumor that Jamie committed up NC Central?