1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Mar 3, 2009.

1. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

Similar situation

In the AC-SS game there were runners on 1st and 3rd, pitcher gets set, hitter calls time, ump does not give time, pitcher begins his delivery,stops, AC coach yells balk, home plate ump calls balk, the ump in the field steps up and overrules and says it a dead ball, runners go back. According to the rules he's right, my argument was that the homeplate ump never gave time. Give me some feedback on this please.

2. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

I was fat before, during, and after the game, but we did appreciate the wonderful meal. Our guys love to play at your school, they think it's great when the community comes out to support the team and makes an event of it.

Richmond played well, the score just didn't show it. Through 5 innings Butler lead 1-0, scoring on a 2 out sky high infield pop up that was not caught. Butler bats came alive in the last 2 innings to score 6. Richmond batters struck out only a couple times, but seemed to hit right at the Butler defense. The Richmond defense did a great job in the field making several ESPN plays.

3. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

I agree bush league baseball has to be controled by the ump's.. they have the control to rule in favor of the pitcher if they precieve the batter was trying to cause a balk... All young Pitchers throw the pitch. if time is not called it will be a ball or strike. Once you start complete the pitch... Better safe than sorry... Games should never be decided on this kind of play...

4. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

First agreeing time was not called in either game:

Did not see the Weddington play, but in the Rose game the batter did not leave the box, just stepped back and then back into hitting position when Kurt was in his delievery. If Kurt had made a pitch, it would have been judge ball or strike. If the batter had left the box, and the pitch was made, no matter if it was in or out of the strike zone, it would be a strike.

The same ruling would apply if called correctly in the Weddington game.

5. twig

twig Junior Member

Like I said, If the rules have not changed in the last year, it does not matter who calls time, the pitcher can stop without being called for a balk. Even if it is someone in the stands.

6. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

If that is true, they ought to change that rule. That's crazy!

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Coach Derek Shoe received his first HS baseball win at Concord HS. One of many more to come. Great job Coach and good luck to your Spiders the rest of the season

Concord High School (1-0) beat Hickory Ridge 9-8 in an exciting opener. The Spiders swung the bat well all night. They ended with 12 hits and 5XBH. Soph Garrett Todd had three hits. Brevard signee Kyle Smith hit a 2-run HR. Jr. Ryan Goodman had two hits and picked up the win throwing three innings giving up two unearned. The Spiders will return to action this week with games against Porter Ridge, J.M. Robinson, and Central Cabarrus.

8. durhampost7

durhampost7 Full Access Member

Riverside over Wakefield

Riverside 3; 1-0 overall
    Wakefield 2

Scott Crane gets the win after 5 2/3 of solid pitching. Also added 2 hits and scored 2 runs. Brian Burgess and Stephen Kallianos added 2 hits each as well.
    Looking forward to getting several of our players back healthy.

Riverside at Enloe, Tues @ 4pm.

9. hitittome

hitittome Full Access Member

Catcher10....Great article written in our local paper today about the Butler boy's. I think the website is yourdailyjournal.com. I didn't post the link because I am not sure about the copy write stuff. Glad yall enjoyed the meal it's as much fun preparing it as it is eating it. Just for the record the hardest ball hit all day was the one Tyler hit up the middle. If that ball hits our pitcher.....well let's just say it would have been ugly. Butler's defense is stellar. Good luck the rest of the year. Richmond has played Charlotte Christian, Weddington, Butler (in three consecutive days) and scrimmaged Providence and boy I am glad we are on this side of the River.

10. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Indy score?

Anyone have an Independence-Porter Ridge score?