1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #10 results, 5/1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, May 1, 2006.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Southern Alamance vs South Granville

S. Alamance 5
    S. Granville 1

S. Alamance defeated SG in Creedmoor 5-1 in a very good baseball game. Haynes pitched for SA and scattered 5 hits with 7 k's. Maynard took the loss for SG. S. Alamance got timely hits along with some walks and we all know what that does. It scores runs. SG just could not get the big hit with runners in scoring posistion. Chris Luck came in and pitched the last 3+ innings and threw very well for SG. This win by SA deadlocks the conference standings at 8-1 for both teams with each winning on the home teams field. Both teams finish off the conference this Friday with SA at Williams and SG at N. Vance. If both with they will finish tied and share the conf title. My hats off to SA they played a very good game. They deserved to win the game, they outplayed us tonight.

2. WCU4Life

WCU4Life Junior Member

North Forsyth-High Point Central

North Forsyth 10, High Point Central 0

NF 23-0, 11-0 Metro

3. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Rockets down Spartans

AC Reynolds 2 :ylsuper:
    S. Caldwell 1

WP - Sam Runion; CG, 9 K's, 3 hits
    LP - Madison Bumgardner; 6IP, 9 K's, 4 hits, 4 BB, 2 HP

Hits for the Rockets:
    Cam Duckworth - 2 singles, 1 RBI
    Jonathan Durner - 1 single
    Kyle Paeplow - 1 single

Hits for Spartans:
    Daniel Coffey - 2-2, HR, dbl
    Josh Segert (sp??) - 1-3

Way to go Rockets!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

4. gbacks21

gbacks21 Gbacks21

PROVIDENCE 5 Myers Park 0

David Mailman returned to action going the distance with a 3-hit, 10-k shutout performance. David couldn't swing the bat, but his hurting back was not evidenced in his pitching. PHS made the most of their opportunities and plated 5-runs on 6-hits. The Panthers scored several runs on Passed Balls/WPs. Will Helms led the Panther attack, going 2-4, 2-2B, 2-RBIs.

The WIN puts PHS at 8-3 ATOP the SW4A, with INDY and SMeck nipping at their heeels @ 7-4.

The Panthers take on Weddington Thursday @ PHS (7pm).

:bananalam :trophy: :bananalam

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

After suffering its 1st conference loss to Nash Central 4-3 on Tues., Rocky Mount defeated Wilson Fike 8-0 to go to 8-1 in the NEW6, and stay 1/2 game ahead of Northern Nash. Northern hosts Nash Central wed. night, then travels to RM to finish the conference play Friday. Jim Leggett went the distance on the mound for RM improving his record to 9-1 on the year. Southern Nash defeated SW Edgecombe 12-2 in 5 innings. Jeremiah Feelien got the win for SN.

6. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

East meck beats Butler 14-4...Heard the kids have had the passion for baseball taken out of them concerning the coaching....sad, because there is a lot of talent on that team!

7. twig

twig Junior Member

Independence over South Meck

What was built up as a pitcher's duel never came to be except for Robbie Bray doing a great job on the mound. Morris, Layman, and Andress must not of had their good stuff last night be cause Indy kept the pressure on all night. Without having a dog in the fight, I have seen alot of the SW4A teams and I can honestly say right now That Robbie Bray should be the SW4A POY. He also hit another homerun lastnight.
    The shortstop for Indy, Billy Enright, continues to play well at short and had two hits last night.
    The toughest conference in the state has had some great games this year, the conference tourny should be outstanding.

8. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Cape Fear 6 Lumberton 1

Lumberton took a 1-0 lead into the seventh behind the three hit pitching of Mac Read but couldn't get the last three outs. Three errors and four hits led to six runs as CF rallied to secure a tie for first. The loss drops Lumberton into third and seriously dents its chances of making the playoffs.

WP - Horne
    LP - Read

9. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Southern Durham 3, Person 2

Southern Durham defeated Person 3-2 yesterday. Southern scored the winning run in the bottom of the 7th after a single, stolen base and, an error. I will add details when I get my scorebook.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

It's funny that you mentioned this. Two days ago I said to someone that I thought Robbie should be the POY this year. He is certainly deserving. He has taken a team predicted to finish in the middle of the pack, placed them on his shoulder and has led them to an 18-3 record (I believe). I am more impressed with what Robbie has accomplished this yeat than all the other years combined. He has proven this year to be a Leader with a capital L

Now, having said that I was going to say David Mailman. Big D was having a phenomenal year until his injury. Then the young man comes back and starts off right where he left off. But he is still recovering from his back injury and I'm not sure when he will be able to swing the bat again.

It should be interesting