1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #11 Results 5/5 thru 5/10

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, May 6, 2003.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Franklin 13, Enka 3
    Franklin 8, Erwin 0
    Hayesville 7, Rosman 0
    Hendersonville 12, Christ School 0
    Robbinsville 8, Murphy 4

2. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Coach, I guess the powers that be decided that if they didn't charge to see the ball game, they didn't need to open the concession stand. Your right, they probably could have made a little spending money if they'd opened it. I know my guy would've eaten at least 4 hot dogs after the game. Probably could 've made a killin' on insect repellant :D :D :D

You're right about Wade, he pitched a very good game against a very tired Mooresville team. My hat's off to the kids at Mooresville, who came out and gave their best, but in the end I think that they were done in by their schedule.

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  3. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Sorry I'm a little late with this post.......

West Rowan 10 Mooresville 0

WP - Wade Moore - 5 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 7 K, 0 BB
    LP - Tyler Lackey - 3 2/3 IP, 8 R, 11 H, 5 K, 2 BB
    .....Tim Sullivan - 2/3 IP, 2 R, 4 H, K, 0 BB

for West
    Luke Overcash, 2-3, RBI, R
    Seth Waller, solo HR
    Ryan Wilson, 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI
    Wade Moore, 2-3, 3B, 2 R
    Shane Graham, 2-3, RBI, 2 R
    Brandon Bailey, 2-3, 3 RBI, R

*note: Geoffery Ballard and Nathaniel Barker had back to back hits for Mooresville to start the 2nd inning.

*note: West SS Bryan Graham missed the game due to illness.

*note: Sullivan pitched to 5 batters in the 5th before the game ended on the 10 run rule.

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  4. playme

playme Full Access Member

fenwayfan..perhaps you should return to Boston..

for your information...1 of those umps was at the E. Burke game..
    and i was not nocking Coach Hardee, whom i have had the pleasure of knowing for several years, probably more years than you have known him, or Chris Nigro, who did what any good pitcher should do, i like the kid, think he has a future in baseball as a lefty, but not quite the talent of Michael Taylor from McDowell yet.

after the fiasco that took place in S. Caldwell tonight you may try again to convince me of the tight ship that Coach Hardee runs, (he even came across the field and appologized to the ACHS players for his teams unsportsmanship and bad behavior)..and how it is time someone gave ACHS what for...while you are at it tell me how good a child that foul mouthed, bad sign painting, kid in the red shirt and cap is...that players parents would love to ask him a few questions...

if the NCHSAA disqualifies ACHS for taking up for one of their own.
    the NW4A will not be represented by one of it's better teams, a team that has earned the right to represent the NW4A...this team took the harassment from an inferior team and it's fans..they did not throw the first punch, nor did they cause the first rude sentement, but rather proceeded to go ahead in a fair manner..only to have that inferior team in an unsportsmanlike manner cause a ruse as to keep the better team from proceeding toward their final goal.

5. Fenwayfan

Fenwayfan Full Access Member

Terrible Outcome for everyone

playme,

I wont try to justify what Watauga did ( one player). THe play at the plate was nothing at all except heated temps between two competing players. Its what happened after, that is a disgrace, to both programs. The fact that our player throws a sucker punch is both wrong and not represenative of how we do things up here. How we do things up here has been shown by Hardee's class in apologizing to AC's players. The Watauga player should be both thrown out and suspended from the team. The incident that occured after that should also not have happened. The AC bench threw more punches at players and coaches and the entire bench should be suspended from the playoffs and/or next year also. Watauga coaches were grabbing watauga players trying to remove them from the melee. THe Watauga players that came off the bench should be suspended from the playoffs or next year.

In truth I hope neither team gets to go and McDowell gets the spot instead. Kids need to know that the actions they take have consequences. Leaving the bench to find someone to punch (not protect or stand up for your player!) removes your right to move on whether you won or lost. But I have a feeling you dont see that or feel that way.

Ask any player, parent or coach in NW4A not from Wat or AC and ask them what they think of each program? THe answer will be overwhelming to oneside.

I wont justify what we did, I am embarassed and disapointed in our involvement with a moment which makes us look like anything but the classy program that we want here. I am even embarassed at some of our fans ( who should never be a factor in a player becoming upset)

I only wish AC was also and it never ever seems to be that way, parents cheering on there kids as if what they did was even remotely commendable always appears to be par for the course at AC.

:confused:

6. playme

playme Full Access Member

fenwayfan...read NW4A Championship thread