1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WEEK 2 RESULTS 3/3/06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachevans26, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

This early in the season, one is wise not to overuse pitchers, you will need them down the road in conference play anyway. The key to the playoffs is through conference play, not non-conference games. Most coaches use these games to develop pitching and playing depth, or get inexperienced players as many at bats as possible. I do both. Why would coach Smith want to waste Thraikill's arm now when he will need it later in conference play and beyond? Just something to think about IMHO.

2. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Since you're quoting stats, let's make sure you get it right. It was six earned runs and it was posted in the paper the next day. Obviously, it wasn't one of Josh's better games. He made a couple of bad pitches and ACR made him pay....that happens. But the case can be made that besides the two HR's, a couple of errors and few seeing eye hits, he pitched pretty well. He struck out 10 Rockets in 4 2/3 innings, with #'s 2-6 in the lineup going hitless.

I guess it's all in the way you look at it. Myself, I would prefer to simply congratulate ACR and let it go.

By the way, since you claim to be just a fan, your comments in your previous post about going away in the summer to play for that team in Ohio (Midland) were also puzzling and way out of line. "That team" has countless former and current MLB players that are proud to say they spent their summers playing for Midland.

If you're not a parent or ACR fan, it sure seems like you have an axe to grind about something. Perhaps you should just call Coach Smith and ask him why he didn't pitch Josh.

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

I will say this about AC Reynolds this year. They are a very strong team and should contend for their conference championship, and go deep in the playoffs. And I am sure that is very exciting for them. But if I was an AC Reynolds fan, I wouldn't be second guessing the decisions that Coach Smith makes. He has his team at the top of the heap "every" year, not just once in a while. Be excited about your team, do your talking in the field, and all of us in the mountains will be pulling for you to make the playoffs and go far. My last words on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.