1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WEEK 2 RESULTS 3/3/06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachevans26, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Saint Stephens/Hickory 3/10

SSHS- 5
    Hickory- 3

Patrick Johnson pitched an outstanding game for Saint giving up only 3 hits in 4 2/3 innings. Casey Rowe pitched the last 2 1/3 innings and earned the save. Patrick also led he Indians by hitting a 3 run homerun in the top of the 5th to give the Indians a 3-1 lead. Clay Smith and Connor Hilton each had solo homeruns for the Tornadoes. Derek Boliek was 2-4 with an RBI and Greg Baker and Tayler Middleton each had a hit. Clay Smith received the lost for the Tornadoes after pitching 4 2/3 innings.

2. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

CCS 11 - Socastee, SC 2

CCS defeated Socastee, SC who have 6-7 players off last year's team playing in college this year. Gaines and Bard drilled HRs. M Fulginiti 3/4 w 2 2B, K Fulginiti 1/3 w 1 2B. Patrick McNair got the win for CCS.

Next games:

vs Richmond Sr @ away 5PM Monday
    vs Piedmont @ home 5PM Tuesday
    vs NW Guilford @ away 6PM Friday
    vs Hillcrest (SC) @ away 1PM Saturday

3. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

AC Reynolds Rockets "Rock" the TC Roberson Rams - AGAIN

ACR wins 13-6 :woohoo:

Rockets hit 5 HR's - 4 in 1 inning: HRs by John Hinson, Cam Duckworth, Kyle Paeplow, Jonathan Durner, and Blaine Howell :229031_ha :229031_ha :229031_ha :229031_ha :229031_ha

WP: Sam Runion

Rockets now 4-0 on the season

4. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Congratulations to the Rockets. They have a fine team this year and will be tough to beat. It should be a very competitive year in the NW4A, with ACR and South Caldwell the definite favorites to advance to the playoffs.

But don't write off the 2-2 Rams. They've been playing without some key players up to this point, but should be full strength beginning next week. Look for them to make a nice run come playoff time.

5. ebdean

ebdean Full Access Member

RS Central 5 McDowell 4

RS (6-0)

WP - Andy Hutchins

Brad Cummings 2-4 HR
    Kyle Matheny 1-3 HR

6. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

The game vs Brevard was on Wednesday and he went 5 innings. Maybe he hadn't recovered yet? Since it is preseason and he had already faced Reynolds once this year, Coach Smith maybe thought another arm could get it done? Just a preseason game, I wouldn't read too much into it. The conference schedule it was is important. Sounds like the matchup was more important to Reynolds than to TC.

7. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

i guess he didn;t think his ace could get it done ,right?

8. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Well said Mudcat. It seems Moesylak is seeking some validation for his team, unfortunately, you don't get it by knocking other teams or players.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  9. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

since when has brevard game been bigger for tcr than acr? the game is always bigger for acr when tcr loses right? my point was merely the best pitcher in n.c. did not pitched vs his teams biggest rival and you can call it what you want but me and lots of other fans knows what that smells like. btw thrailkill is a very good pitcher imo but anyway you cut it he gave up 7 earned runs vs acr in 4 2/3's ip. what do you want to bet that when the stats are posted in the paper he won't have 7 earned runs? btw i'm not even an acr fan. i just wanted to see a good matchup and thought i'd get to see one on a saturday since i can't get to weekday games but i did not. anyway the guy i really wanted to see was the dh for acr. i've read on this board that his swing is like 85 mph.

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

moesyslak,

Pitchers have their off days just like hitters and position players. I'm sure the Coach Smith had his reasons for not starting Josh in the 2nd game... I have to agree WNCBB we are "borderline" knocking teams and players with your post and you know that is not what this Board is about.

I'm sure TCR will reboound and you may get another shot at Thrailkill...keep it positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.