1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #3 results here!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The "O", Mar 14, 2005.

1. Stumpman

Stumpman Full Access Member

A little more detail:

Scott Estes pitched the 5 inning complete game striking out 9. It was 11-0 after 2 innings with Danny Hermann's 3 run HR being the big blow. Rob Lyerly was 2-3 with 2 RBI's. Estes helped himself by going 3-3 with a RBI.

The one bad note was the string of no earned runs from the beginning of the year ended with 2 outs in the 3rd. Piedmont went 33 2/3 innings without an earned run. Piedmont has a 0.58 ERA and is batting over .350 as a team.

2. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Robby worked out with Marty Reed (pitching coach - [A] Vero Beach Dodgers) and Jamie Russ (pitcher - [A] Jupiter Hammerheads, [AA] Carolina Mudcats) in the off-season and with their help has smoothed out some rough edges. The Trojans need him to complement their two terrific senior pitchers, Nick Daniels and Blake Ketner. Hopefully Joe Kent, Justin Wallace or a jv pitcher can also help out this season (JV pitching has also been great)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

North Meck versus Hopewell....

North 12, Hopewell 2 in 4 1/2 innings.
    WP: Porter, LP: Harper HR: Vaughn

No details available yet..... maybe from someone who was there.

Late report:
    Independence leading West Meck 5-2 in the 6th ....

4. Stumpman

Stumpman Full Access Member

Piedmont 8 Robinson 1

Tim King got the win going the distance with 12 K's. Danny Hermann got two HR's which makes three in two days.
    Hope to have more details tomorrow.

Piedmont will play Sun Valley at home on Friday.

5. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Yeah, it was the Charlotte Sox where he worked with Marty, I played on his team, it was this past fall. He showed a lot of talent and it's good to see he's doing well.

Onto the baseball news....

I stayed at the W.Meck-Indy game until the bottom of the 6th inning because it was pretty cold out there.

Seth Stringfield started on the mound for West and pitched VERY VERY well. Robby Bray started for Indy, and had a little trouble with the West Meck bats, but handled himself as Robby Bray always does. When I left it was 5-2 in favor of Independence. West Meck took a 2-0 lead in the second inning, but Indy came right back and ttied for the lead 2-2. This was a pretty good pitcher's duel until the bottom of the 5th. Seth got a quick first out, and appeared to be cruising through another inning when (I don't know this guys name) one of the Indy batter put a beautiful drag bunt down the first base line (this had to be one of the prettiest bunt's I've ever seen), and beat it out to first. Seth walked a few guys and they scored 3 runs on walks, and took the lead 5-2. The top of the 6th was a quick inning for Bray, his curveball was pretty nasty (and the umpire was giving him a lot of calls, Seth was getting the bad end of the stick, I must say...and I enjoyed hitting off of Bray, and I enjoy watching him play, but he was getting a lot of calls his way...and I keep in mind that he has THE BEST curveball in Charlotte, if not NC). After that I left because I couldn't stand the cold anymore. Jamelle Byrd played CF today in place of Justin Meadows (ATV accident, had 20+stiches in his neck, had to watch the game from the bench) and dropped a fly ball that scored 1 run. Other than the dropped ball in the outfield, it was a very good game. West put their bats on the ball very well, only striking out maybe 2 or 3 times against a very good pitcher. Indy had 2 errors, a ground ball through the shortstops legs and the rightfielder let one get past him. Both teams played well considering the temperatures.

W.Meck.- 011 000 2 7 1
    Indepen.- 002 03- 5 5 2 (that's all I have, I'd appreciate a completion)

W.Meck-Seth Stringfield
    Indy-R.Bray

Hitting stats are a question for me, I forgot my notepad (which I usually bring), so once again I'd appreciate completion here.

6. 2upthemiddle

2upthemiddle Full Access Member

Vance 12 Harding 1

Vance picks up the conference victory. Kevin Riggs pitched the first two innings without allowing a hit or run, followed by Wayne Lewis. Hitting stars for Vance were Alex Hill (3-3, 2 3B's, 1 2B) and Dylan Carney (3-3, 3 RBI's). Vance finally played some defense and got 12 runs on 11 hits, including a 6-run inning in the 4th.

Conference standings as I see it (oh, I forgot to see those earlier posts...):lalala:

Vance 1-0, overall 1-whatever
    (everybody else...?)
    Harding 0-1

Hey, you got to take the glory when you can get it.:satana:

7. gbacks21

gbacks21 Gbacks21

Providence 5 Butler 1

Providence beat Butler taking advantage of Bulldog errors and wild pitches to go to 5-1 on the season (1-0, SW4A). Next Waddell @ PHS on Friday.

WP: Besselievre, CG (3-0)
    LP: Edwards

:satana:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  8. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus - 7 Concord - 6

Winnin' Ugly!

The NW Cabarrus Trojans remain undefeated in a game that featured many hits and errors from both teams. The tying and winning runs were walked in in the 6th inning. Concord had men at the corners in the 7th with two outs when Hunter Wyke.who had already homered, hammered a long one to deep center that Jake Faggart hauled in at the fence (Jake also made a great running catch on a Hunter White drive in the 5th)

A BIG BRIGHT SPOT FOR NW: The relief pitching of Joe Kent.....Joe pitched brilliantly in relief of starter Nick Daniels (who entered the game with a 0.00 ERA). Joe came in with Concord ahead 6 -2 and limited the hot Concord hitting to just 2 hits over the final 3.1 innings to pick up his first win of the season. Great job Joe!!!

WP - Kent
    LP - Burris

HITTING:
    NW CABARRUS (9 hits)

Connor Bean 2-3, 3 RBI, 2B
    Jerrod Faggart 2-4
    Jake Faggart 2-3, RBI
    Nick Daniels 1-2, RBI, 2B

CONCORD (10 hits)

Chad Dempsey 3-4, 3 RBI
    Hunter Wyke.1-5, HOME RUN, RBI

***Thanks for the correction on Hunter Wyke, Spiderbaseball***

The (5-0) Trojans travel to Mooresville Friday at 4:30 for their first taste of 2005 conference action (if the weather permits)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  9. watcher

watcher Full Access Member

East Montgomery vs Albemarle

In the first inning East pitcher (senior) Dustin Powers struck out the first two very effectively, then it began...........Albemarle started hitting and East players started with the errors.....at the end of the first it was 6-0 in favor of Albemarle. The boys from A town picked up two more in the second. Now 8-0.
    In the third East held Albemarle no runs scored.

At the top of the 4th East pulled in (sophmore) Wil Lambert who struck out 6 in three innings, gave up a hit or two and 3 more unearned runs scored.

East just couldn't hit the ball tonight when it mattered,the errors were just awful and way too numerous! The pitchers got NO help........

East (freshman) shortstop Ryan Houser from East was a really bright spot he made some amazing defensive plays. He pulled off a couple of outs that left our mouths hanging open.

Albemarle's pitcher Bradley Holt was really effective for 5 innings.... Struck out a lot of Eagles....but walked 9.

Final Score was 11-1........oh well

10. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Nobody with the Indy-W.Meck final in here?!! COME ON!
    [​IMG]