1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #3 results here!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The "O", Mar 14, 2005.

1. Indy Dad

Indy Dad Full Access Member

Independence 5 West Meck 2

I attended the Indy West Meck game but I'm not sure I saw the same game as WMeckBaseball8! Independence took the lead 1-0 after two. West Meck then scored their two runs in the third off two hits and two errors. Indy came back and tied it 2-2 in the fourth. I'm not sure which inning Robby Bray struggled since he only gave up four hits and one walk. Only four balls were hit to the outfield. I also don't I agree with the statement of Robby Bray getting the calls since most of his strike outs were swinging strikes. I think West Meck just had trouble hitting curve balls. Seth Stringfield pitched well but tired late in the game and at one point walked 4 of 5 batters he faced. Their first baseman (Jones) had a nice two out double in the 7th for West Meck. Overall, both teams played well but Indy left a lot of runners on base. One more thing, Bray had 8 K's in the game not 2 or3.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Per report, the final at Indy/West Meck ended up the same as the 6th inning.

Indy 5, West Meck 2

3. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

That sucks, Seth pitched his heart out...and those boys hit one of the best pitchers in the state VERY well.

It proves West can hang with the best of them, but the outfield needs work, and lots of it.

4. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Myers Park over Waddell

Scott Brewer pitched the complete game shutout for the Mustangs. Myers Park moves to 2-1-1 on the season, 1-0 in the conference. The Mustangs are at Ashbrook tomorrow, weather permitting.

5. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

TC Roberson 14, North Buncombe 2

WP - John Ramsey (2-0)

HR's by Wes Williams and Justin Jackson

TCR (5-0)

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

South Meck 10
    Olympic 0

Sorry, I never have the details, but I can tell you that junior lefty Ryan Morris pitched a gem of a game...allowing 2 hits over 5 innings (corrected by DBacks:D and was overpowering with his FB and CB.

Cyril Daniel and Chase Austin were flat out stroking the ball. When this team gets all their hitters going at the same time...whoahhhhhhh

On a side note, it was thrilling to see Brandon Hill on the mound. I hope that every team that plays Olympic, when they go through the line after the game, gives Brandon a hug and a welcome back to the game that he loves.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  7. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

North Henderson 5, Owen 0
    WP Levi Wright
    LP Steven Hensley

8. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson 10, Madison 0 ( conference game)

Madison, 0-0-0-0-0 0-2-5
    WH 1-3-2-3-1 10-13-2

WP Spencer Linn 2-1, 4 IP 1 hit, 0 bb's, 4 k's
    LP Shane Moore

For WH: Jerry Brinkley 4/4 with 3 doubles, Josh Moore 2/4, Linn, 2/4, Seth Grant 2/3.

WH is now 4-1, Madison is now 1-3

9. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

I knew I had something wrong,I wasn't too sure of who scored first, but no need for the comment. Not many balls hit into the outfield, but they hit the ball hard, and from what I saw there were about 6 or 7 hits, and I saw 2 errors and only 2 errors. Robby Bray did pitch a good game, but not all of the strikeouts were swinging. I also agree that West Meck has trouble hitting curveballs, it's always been a problem with us over in that area. I saw 3 called strike 3's. One call was on Brandon Reeves that was at his ankles, one was on Stephen Mullis where he didn't even move the bat and it was called a strike, then struck out after a strike was called on a curveball that didn't even break over the plate, and then Troy Lanham got called on a strike 3 call at his wrists that almost hit him. I'm not trying to blame the game on that, I'm just saying he got away with a lot of calls that Seth did not. Seth got tired out in the 5th inning and walked a lot. Jamelle Byrd dropped a fly ball that cost West Meck 2 runs. I saw a game at Indy today, I saw one error go through the SS legs, and I saw one ball go past the Right Fielder. Other than that, solid Defense all the way through for Indy. Without that bad 5th inning for Seth, it would have been a lot close than 5-2, let's keep it at that. I'm not making excuses for these guys, because if they would have brought their bats out more and scored more runs they wouldn't have had any problems, Indy beat them point blank, I was just giving my input because I was sitting behind the plate. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying I'm wrong, I'm stating what I saw. I'm not the umpire, I just sit back and watch the look on the faces of the players and coach after it happens. I even talked to a player in the dugout that gave me some of this input. Indy is a good team, a better team than W.Meck at that, but West hung with the big boys tonight, and is going to improve as the season goes on. Of course you don't agree with the fact that he was getting a few calls, you're an Indy Dad...you won't say "ofcourse he was", you're gonna say you disagree, an dI understand that. I'm not taking anything away from Robby...I have hit against him and he is one of the best in the state of NC, a great pitcher and a class act from what I've seen. He pitched a great game.

But like I said, it was a great game, well fought out on both sides.

Good luck to Indy for the rest of the week, and onto next week, I'm looking forward to the rematch.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  10. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

East Rutherford 5 Bunker Hill 4

East Rutherford 5 Bunker Hill 4

East Ruth. won it's conference opener, but had to come from behind to do so. Bunker Hill jumped to a 4-0 lead on # 7 Corey Keisler's 3-run HR. East chipped away and finally took the lead on Zeke Blanton's RBI single in the 5th and held on. Blake Bostic went the distance for ER.

Leading Hitters : ER Zeke Blanton 3-4, RBI,
    Brett Walker 2-4, 2 RBI
    Tyler Smith 2-4, 2 runs
    Blake Wood 1-3, 3B, run
    Bunker Hill Corey Keisler 2-4, HR, 3 RBI
    Travis Baker 2-4

Leading Pitchers: ER Blake Bostic 7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 0 BB (WIN 3-1)
    Bunker Hill Ben Benfield 4 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 2 K
    Blayke Miller 2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 K LOSS

ER Cavs RECORD 6-2 (1-0) @ Newton-Conover Fri 4:30