1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #3 results here!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The "O", Mar 14, 2005.

1. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Cary vs. Green Hope

Cary 2, Green Hope 1
    It seems every time Cary and Green Hope play it is a close game. This was another in a series of pitchers' duals between the cross town rivals, this time with a couple of new characters. Phillip Townsend and Cory Tilton both pitched great games, but the Imps scored 2 unearned runs in the top of the 1st inning and it proved to be enough, as Townsend held the Falcons to only 3 hits. After Townsend struck out 4 of the first 5 Green Hope batters, Tilton hit a 2 out single to right in the 2nd inning. Chris Kott followed with a triple to deep left centerfield to plate what would be the only Falcon run. Tilton settled into a groove and set the side down in order in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th innings, and got a nice double play from Michael Gyoerkoe, Matt Holt, and Kott to end the Cary threat in the 5th inning. He then set the side down in order in the 6th and 7th innings. Tilton (1-1) allowed only 1 walk, 4 hits, and struck out 10. Green Hope had a chance to tie the game in the bottom of the 7th inning. With 2 outs, Tilton singled up the middle, stole 2nd, but was left stranded to end the game. Both pitchers pitched complete games... both now have 1-1 records....

2. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Roxboro Person 7 South Granville 2

Roxboro played outstanding defense making several plays in the field. Jr RHP Robbie Byrd threw a complete game 1 hitter and struck out 9. He kept us off balance the entire night. South Granville Fr RHP Pratt Maynard pitched outstanding for 4 innings then walked the bases loaded up 2-1. Roxboro then got a big double off of Soph RHP Jon Lynch to take the lead and wound up with a 7-2 victory. Im sure Coach Evans will add some details but the bottom line is they out hit us and played outstanding defense.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

PT... Sounded like another great Cary-GH match up. I miss them. Hopefully I will be in town to catch the game in Cary. Congrats to Cory on a well pitched game.

4. bubba

bubba Full Access Member

SC@WHS

South Caldwell 5
    Watauga 4

Pioneers scrapped for four runs against Bumgarner but it wasn't quite enough. Well played, exciting game.

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Scores from "away" east

Lumberton 4, Pine Forest 2
    Red Springs 1, Hoke 0
    Purnell Swett 11, South View 3
    Terry Sanford 15, E.E. Smith 1
    Gray's Creek 3, East Bladen 2

6. MVaughn

MVaughn Full Access Member

Not a lot to tell. North took charge from the start scoring 7 in the first inning aided in part by 3 Hopewell errors that ultimately resulted in the plating of 5 unearned runs. North hit the ball well most of the evening, led by Cavisini and Heath who I believe both went 3-3 . The only suspense was if Porter, who was pitching extremely well - as he usually does, would card a no hitter. That was broken up in the 5th by Vaughn's HR. After that it was pretty much just mop up. North looked very strong and their bats appear to be gaining some life.

7. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Other results:

FORESTVIEW 17, BERRY 7
    WP: Jamie Bolton 1-1

CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC 5, WEST MONTGOMERY 3
    WP: Brendan Van Popering; SV: Nick Starcevic

CHARLOTTE CHRISTIAN 7, SUMMIT CHRISTIAN (Fla.) 2
    WP: Kyle Barthelson 1-0

PROVIDENCE DAY 9, FORSYTH COUNTRY DAY 0
    WP: Wallace 2-1

WESTMINSTER CATAWBA 5, NORTHSIDE CHRISTIAN 4
    WP: Walden (1-1)

HICKORY GROVE CHRISTIAN 10, CONCORD FIRST ASSEMBLY 0
    WP: Charlie Thacker 2-0

CANNON SCHOOL 11, STATESVILLE CHRISTIAN 2
    WP: Matt Peterson (2-0), 11 Ks

METROLINA CHRISTIAN 11, CABARRUS HOME SCHOOL 5
    WP: Matt Snyder

SOUTHLAKE CHRISTIAN 10, CRAMERTON CHRISTIAN 2
    WP: Daniel Stallsmith 2-0

8. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Wow, that's all I can say about the box score that was in the paper for the WM-Indy game. I know it wasn't Coach Carpino that put that score in there, I'll tell you that for sure. I can name 5 players that had hits, and it says in the paper that West had 3 hits.

Stephen Mullis got a hit, went 1-4
    Daniel Jones got a hit, went 1-3 with a walk
    Seth Stringfield got a hit, went 1-4
    Jeremy Gray got a hit, went 1-3
    Brandon Reeves got a hit (it was a line drive to right field, dropped in front of the right fielder, and it got past him and he got to 3rd...it was a a single with a 2 base error), and went 1-4

There were actually 2 more hits than I have down, I just didn't see them because I got there late and showed up early. I asked how they were doing agaisnt Robby Bray and one of the coachs said "we're hitting the ball really well against him, 2 or 3 hits already" Thos hits, I wasn't there to see.

The only batter in the box score in the paper is Aaron Bray going 2-3 for Indy, where are the WM batters? Why does it say 2 hits? This makes no sense to me, but you want to talk about some bad reputation for West, look at that right there.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  9. SMARTBASEBALL

SMARTBASEBALL Full Access Member

CHATHAM CENTRAL 6 NORTH MOORE 2
    WP SETH KIVETT LP STEVEN DAVIS

6R 8H 0E 6LOB
    2R 5H 5E 4LOB

CC 3-0 CONF 5-0 OVERALL
    NM 1-2 CONF 2-3 OVERALL

10. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

East v Garinger

sutigers, can you at least give us an East v Garinger report, was it East over Garinger? Did you guys play yesterday?