1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #4 Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Mar 21, 2005.

1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

Charlotte Christian 4; University Christian (Fla.) 1

the knights defeated UC today in Jacksonville, Fla today to close out their Florida trip. Bard and M. Fulginiti each hit 2 run hr's to lead the knights. the knights close out the Florida trip going 3-3. not bad against some of florida's best programs.

2. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

South Meck

I said from the beginning that it would take leadership for South to stay on top all year. From what I am hearing on the board is that they are shanky which in the way I have always takin that as a player is being scared. I know Bags is stuff on them but that is the same way he has been his entire career. It is the seniors that need to step up and take over. Now I know its only like the 8th game of the year if that but this game was a make or break game for the sabres. They need to go out next game and let everyone in the state know that it was a mistake on their part for taking Butler to easy and that it won't happen again. Bags shouldn't even have to say anything after this game if the leadership is their and maybe it is they just have some guys that don't want to follow it. The leaders need to step up and take over tonight. And for the next team out there I would watch out. DF if you look at this you know what YOU need to do and if any other guys on the team look at this just look toward DF and he let you know how to get it down the rest of the year.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Butler outplayed and outpitched South Meck...plain and simple. Edwards, for Butler, shutdown the SM bats. Butler's defense was stellar. SM committed errors at crucial times and between 7-8 walks and numerous PB's...it's not a formula for success.

I respectfully disagree that the players were tight (they might have tried to do too much when they were down 9-2...who wouldn't). They dug themselves a hole and Butler was not going to let them out. I thought Coach Bagwell did an excellent job trying to keep his player's up. He stayed positive...encouraging his players the whole game. He recognized when a player needed a pat on the back and when they needed a boot. He can't make them catch the ball or hit it. It's the players that have to step it up and handle the pressure. The gamers will...

Hey, it was a loss. It happens. Butler was the better team tonight. Kudos to the Bulldogs

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Agreed Braves!!!!!!!!!!!

10000000000000000000000 % SOUNDS FAMILLIAR SOME OF THESE REPLYS HUH? :)

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Mountain Heritage 12
    North Henderson 2

Mountain Heritage: 0 7 0 0 0 5 x -- 12 8 1
    North Henderson: 2 0 0 0 0 0 x -- 2 2 3

Winning pitcher: Mark Davis (6 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 H, 3 Ks, 2 BBs)

Losing pitcher: Levi Wright (2-1) (6 IP, 7 R, 2 ER, 2 H, 3 Ks, 2 BBs)

Leading hitters: Heritage -- Brandon Buford 2-for-4, three RBIs; Landon Medina 2-for-3, RBI. North -- Brent Stepp 1-for-3, double; Jackie Corn 1-for-3, two RBIs.

Highlights: This was a Western Highlands Conference game. Heritage scored seven runs in the second inning off two hits and three errors, then scored five in the sixth inning off five hits.

Records: North, 4-1, 2-1 WHC.

This score is really a shocker to me. But we all know how early season baseball can be sometimes. It always seem to take a few games or an early season loss to make the kids realize that you have to come ready to play everyday.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  6. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

I am not saying anything about Bags. I am going to call him in about 2 hours after I get done with class. Him and I have talked several times this season and talked about everything and what I thought he could do to help a team like what he has and he has talked to me about what I need to do were I am. Bags is going to be loud during a game like this, he is going to yell a little more, and he gets a little tight in the first Big game against a dangerous team in the SW4A (who wouldn't do that as a coach).
    Last year it was the WORDS of ELLIOTT ARRINGTON before every game that calmed everyone down and let them know everything was going to be alright. And again I know that its not last year but it will take someone like that to step and lead a top ranked team. I was a captain along with him on that team and I loved listening to what he had to say. It was Brandon Stanford that had the team on his mind and was fearless in actions. Everyone knew that he would step in and take a blow from a 210 lbs. player just because he wanted it and Bags never let him hit. It was always sac bunt no matter if there were 0 or 1 out or bunt for a hit with 2 outs. He would say something to me after the game when we had our talk in the parking lot and then say o'well thats my job and I am going to be good at it.
    They have 3 guys on that I know of that would do anything for that team. All 3 are seniors. One might not be playing as much as others but I looked up to him last year when he did the same thing and wasn't a senior. One doesn't play every day but would give his right arm for you if you needed it. The other guy is quite but he won't say "I am done" until he has done everything he can do to get better. All 3 lead by example in practice and during the games by actions.
    I wouldn't have said anything if someone said that the game was played hard and that both teams looked good. I just know a few people on the team look at this board and maybe they will see this and know what to do. I am not trying to take anything away from this years team but have talked with several people around the program and they say the team is not on one page day in and day out.

7. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Re S Meck vs Butler:
    I removed my posts after considering them because I didn't want it to appear I was criticizing coaching. I was not. I have always said that the coaches dont wear gloves or carry bats. I did say that South looked like they had a gun to their heads, and didnt seem to be enjoying themselves. That was a reflection not on coaching but on possible self-inflicted (or maybe parental-inflicted) pressure. I say just relax, have fun and play. Maybe the players weren't up tight but they did have that "deer in the headlights" look at times. I agree - it is up to the players, the "gamers", to encourage, to lead, to rebuke when necessary, and to make plays, pitches and swings when the heat is on. And I think they will.
    To sum it up, Butler just played harder, smarter, calmer. They put the ball in play, and they made every play defensively.
    Props to the Bulldogs. You deserved the win. Now the SW4A looks very, very interesting. And no more of that crap making South the pre - ordained champion. Today they are offically tied for 3rd in the conference. This is gonna be fun and I dont want to miss a minute of it!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  8. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

South Meck will be fine. :grouphug:

Sometimes it takes a game like last night to put things in perspective and get re-focused. That's baseball and stuff hapens. I just wish we could have been on the other side of the diamond when it happened! The South players are quality kids and the strength of their character will allow them to bounce back and be the team we all know they can be.

Fortunately the kids can put these things behind them better than we adults can. Alll they need now is to get back on the field. I would sure hate to be their next opponent!
    :blast:

Congrats to Butler. With this win they could turn things around and make this SW4A race really interesting. Right now Providence, Olympic and East are all playing well, and with Butler now poised to also challenge South, the green team better get it together or they'll get left in the wake.

This would be a real good time to hear more about these Butler players. They are the one SW4A team we haven't heard much about. Who are their pitchers? Who is hitting the ball well for them? Somebody give them a little ink here...

9. gbacks21

gbacks21 Gbacks21

South Meck v Butler

Sometimes you have to TIP YOUR HAT to the COMPETITION, Wish them Luck and Count the Days until you Play Them AGAIN. Sounds like BUTLER played a great game and SOUTH didn't. Even the Yankees get beat--but not often. BUTLER has lost some tough, tight ballgames this year. They lost to NMECK 7-6 and OLYMPIC 3-2. They had PHS 1-0 thru four, then self-imploded and gave PHS 4 runs. When I asked everyone for their SW4A and MECA-8 predictions, no one knew what to make of BUTLER. From what I know, they have some pretty solid pitching and some kids who can hit. I don't know that much about their fielding, but their centerfielder covered a lot of ground v PHS.

It is good to know that SOUTH MECK can be human--even if only for one night!:twocents:

10. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Very, very well said. The only "upset" I see for the rest of the year is if Butler doesn't finish with a winning record and a piece of the playoff pie.