1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #5 Scores / Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dbacks20, Mar 25, 2007.

1. sballdad

sballdad Junior Member

Providence jumped out to a 3-0 lead as Mailman hit the first pitch he saw over the fence with Shaffer on base, but after that Andrew Smith shut them down. I believe Providence only had 3 hits. Prov started DJ Mcmurchie(sp?) who is a sidearm submarine kind of pitcher and he lost his control in the 5th when he hit 3 of 4 batters and then walked the 5th. Relief P came in and Crump hit a SF and Brewer a 2B to allow Butler scored 4 to change the game from 4-2 Prov to 6-4 Butler. Not a pretty game by any standard, but beautiful if you are a Butler fan.

2. SApatriot

SApatriot Full Access Member

Southern Alamance vs Eastern Alamance

SA 7 EA 2

Zach Robinson, Mike Nunn, and Chuckie Garner pitched a combined no hitter for the Patriots. Luke Vandall and Mike Nunn had 2 hits each for the Patriots. L. Kerley gets the loss for the Eagles

SA 7-4 3-0 EA 0-3

3. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Will this work for you Braves?

In the first ever match-up between South Meck and Ardrey Kell, it was the original Sabres that used five Kell errors and 13 Knights left on base to win 7-2 at Kell.

The Knights, under the direction of former Sabre Coach Hal Bagwell, had six former Sabres in the starting line-up. Off to a somewhat surprising 9-2 start, the young Knights looked like they might break open the game in the first inning. After a scoreless top of the first for the Sabres, the Knights scored a run when four of the first five Kell batters walked before Andrew Miller’s line shot was speared by Sabre shortstop Doug Jones. Jones tossed to Brent Lalas covering second to complete the double play and get the Sabres out of the inning. A base hit, Kell is up 3-0 with runners on the corners and only one out and the Knights would be off and running towards their 10th victory of the season.

As it was, Sabre starter Jesse Miller limited the Knights to just one hit through the first five innings and was able to continue to wriggle out of trouble in the sixth and seventh innings to pick up his second win.

South took the lead in the third. Casey Gebhardt led off with a single, the first of his three hits on the evening and eight in his last nine plate appearances. Gebhardt was then trapped between second and third on Miller’s come backer to the mound before the throw to third ended in left field allowing Gebhardt to score. Tyler Doster’s double to right scored courtesy runner Zac Mann and courtesy runner Daniel Glenn followed Mann home on Spencer Shuey’s two out base hit. Shuey then stole home after being moved up to third on Jones' base hit when Jones took off for second. Jones was eventually tagged out to end the inning, but the Sabres had scored four.

South used a two out rally an inning later to up the margin to 6-1. Gebhardt and Lalas had back to back singles to left to get the ball rolling. A walk to Miller loaded the bases before Doster was able to beat out a ball hit to the hole at short. Lalas never stopped coming around third and scored easily as the Sabres were able to plate two runs on the infield hit.

Kell cut the margin to 6-2 in the sixth when with two outs; Josh Case’s double was followed by back to back singles from Ryan Stetson and Johnny Eaker. After hitting Jordan Darnell to load the bases, Miller was able to induce Knight’s clean-up hitter Brett Nyenhuis to fly-out, ending the inning.

The Sabres answered with a run of their own in the seventh when Spencer Shuey’s double to the center field fence plated brother Preston who had reached on an error to open the inning.

The Knights opened the bottom of the seventh getting a walk and an error to put two runners on base before Miller came back to get pinch hitter Taylor Patterson to fly out, Zico Pasut to strike out (Miller’s only strikeout of the game) and Case to ground out for the complete game victory.

Jordan Darnell, who started for the Knights and pitched the first six innings striking out eight, took the loss to fall to 2-2.

After the slow start in league play, South has won three of four; their only set back, a 3-2 walk-off loss to Myers Park and raised their record to 6-6 and 3-3 in the SW4A; good enough for a tie with AK and Independence for third. Kell falls to 9-3, 3-3 in the league.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Mincimi...you're the best!!!!

5. Braves

:cheer: :cheer: I bet it was. Great win no matter how it was accomplished. Winners find ways to win

6. coachsnead

coachsnead Full Access Member

Roanoke Rapids 20
    Northwest Halifax 0
    (4 Innings)

Tyler Deloach threw a no-hitter. He walked the first batter of the game then struck out the next 12 batters he faced.

Roanoke Rapids had 15 hits on the day.

Roanoke Rapids is now 3-6 (1-0).

7. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

Butler/Prov

sballdad...believe Braves is looking for the South/Ardrey stats. But since you brought it up!!

The Butler/Prov game was not really that ugly (and I guess it does matter depending on which side of the fence you were on). I actually thought it was very well played by both teams. Prov caught Andrew Smith on a good night (not a great night though!). I think he had 7 or 8 k's and I only recall him walking a few.

The Butler defense really didn't get challenged that much (with the exception of a shaky 1st inning). There were some great scoops at 3b by Shaun Wixted and some great picks by Hunter Glass at 1b. The Prov defense came to play also. Wil Clayton, Eric Seminuik and Mailman made some awesome catches. The one that Seminuik made in RF still has me wandering how the heck he caught that ball!! I don't think Prov had any errors in the field (but I don't have the stats in front of me). Butler catcher (Matt Crump) was as solid as ever!

The Mailman delivered in the 1st inning but would only see 3 pitches his next 3 at bats! This showed A LOT of respect for this kid. He has a VERY dangerous bat and has proven that he can deliver in snow, sleet, rain or the darkness of being behind in a ballgame!! He represented the tying run in the top of the 7th and was intentionally walked for the 3rd time so that Andrew could face their go-ahead run. (btw...in the meeting at the mound Andrew said he wanted to throw to Mailman but he got over-ruled).

Prov's DJ McMurchie pitched a very good game up until the 5th when he kinda lost it. DJ was dropped down to the side this year in hopes of being more effective. At that he was!! I think he even threw the plate umpire (Chance!) for a loop. He held Butler off balance and they really struggled to put the bat on the ball. Great performance by DJ!! Amazing to me how he didn't get to throw that much last year?

Butler had 2 or 3 shots at opening the game even further but couldn't make it happen. As did Prov....

Hi again [size=+2]GT[/size]....:60:

8. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Been out of town....congrats to SM and Butler for great wins so far this week in the SW4A.....

9. Braves

Well, since Greg Chance is known to be a little loopy, how could you tell ?:laugh4:

just kidding..Chance is a friend of mine

Again, great win for Butler. They are in the driver's seat. For the Butler supporters, let me ask you a question. In my opinion, Butler has always had an abundance of talent each year; what makes this team different than the others?

10. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

So far, coaching hasn't hurt them but there is still a lot of games to be played...they have a lot of talent, its just whether the coach will let his boys play and not mentally beat'em up as the season continues...

.......They are a seasoned team and hit all thru the lineup, play defense, have good pitching, etc, etc.....In the past, he's made some unbelievable moves with his seniors, so we'll see if he does it again this year...

As the season (past) goes on, he usually finds a way to mess up the carma of the team in some way, shape, or form...Just my opinion and from what I've heard it's pretty much the way it is.......Seems to be a nice man but.............

They can play with anybody and so far, they've proved that....Good luck to them...Enjoy your team this year coach and let them enjoy it...they are pretty good!!!!