1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #5 Scores / Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dbacks20, Mar 25, 2007.

1. spartanball

spartanball Full Access Member

Cap 7 update (conference)

Broughton 6, Millbrook 2

Leesville 3, Sanderson 2

Leesville-Sanderson was a great game to watch.
    It was a pitching duel between Sean Steinbugler for Leesville and Mark Peterson for Sanderson. Both are juniors and it was a good representaion of what the Cap 7 can look forward to next year with both of these guys on the mound.
    Leesville took the lead 1-0 in the bottom of the 2nd inning with a dropped ball in left field that allowed the batter to get to 3rd and a hard hit single by Warren Atkinson up the middle to score the run.
    Sanderson came back in the 4th inning to score 2 runs and take the lead 2-1. Soph Kyle Wood lead of with a double to right center followed by a single by Jr Mark Peterson. With a man on 1st and 3rd Soph Max Gagnon hit the center field fence in the air to bring both runners in while he earned a double.
    With the score 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th, Taylor Gentry hit a double followed by a smash by (UNCW)Steve Harrold over the center field fence for Leesville to take the lead and the win, 3-2
    Steinbugler only allowed 4 hits, 3 double and 1 single for Leesville while Peterson allowed 6 hits 2 earned runs and 11K's for Sanderson.
    Can't wait to see these guys play against each other again.
    Tomorrow if weather allows you have Sanderson-Wakefield at Sanderson and Leesville-Greenville Rose at Greenville.

2. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Butler's Success

Braves

Here's my take on what makes this Butler team different. Please understand this is my opinion, right or wrong as it may be. This is only the second season I've watched the Butler teams, but I am fortunate to know other families that have had older sons come through the Butler system and have heard the good / bad comments. This year is different.

Morale:
    These guys just plain get along, egos are a non-factor, and the senior leadership has matured. They pick each other up and they have fun!
    Depth:
    Each player knows that everyone of his teammates can make a difference and they don't have to rely on one or two key guys to be on. When the guys on the bench come into a game, nothing is sacrificed. Game files show different players getting the job done at different times.
    Poise:
    At times this one scares me, I've looked at the bench on several occasions and you can't tell if they are winning or losing. They show a quiet confidence during the game and emotion is for after the game.
    Focus / Respect:
    Records do not matter, this is the SW4A and any team can beat you on any given night. The coaches drive home "Don't look ahead, one game at a time"!

I could talk stats, but I don't think that is what makes this team special; it's only a by product. I am glad they have been winning, but am more proud of the way that they win.

Go Butler!

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

That's a great summation, catcher, and I suspect that is the answer. I've been following Butler since Brad Josey and the team of 2000-01 were dominating the SW4A.

They have always had extraordinary talent, but I was never close with the team and didn't know the inside story of why they underachieved.

There have always been a few kids over there they I have really enjoyed watching play; Josey boys, David Williams, Long, Garmon, Glass, etc., etc. But I just didn't understand why they just didn't "click" as a team. They sure had a lot of talent

4. superwright

superwright Full Access Member

Wow...he's only a Junior....next time we play them, I need to find his dad and convince him to move to Whiteville next year. We could use a good left hander.
    With a little work, this kid could be as good as Bumgardener next year!
    I didn't go around the radar guns, Tuesday night but I was guessing he was somewhere around 87 to 88 mph fast ball! His form wasn't the best in the world but very effective! I'm sure with a little improvement there he could improve to 95 mph very easily!

5. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Very easily?

Waldrop is very talented and reports last year was he was a mid 80's guy bumping some upper 80's. There is nothing easy about throwing 95 especially from the leftside. Doing this at any level is very rare indeed. Kids with Bumgardners ability are few and far between not just around here but around anywhere.

6. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Crest 16 Hunter Huss 5

Crest jumped out quick with an 11 spot on the board in the first inning. Blake McFarland was the winning pitcher and he helped himself out at the plate with 2 HR's and 4 RBI's. Dusty Quattlebaum also went deep for the Chargers with a 3 run shot. It was his 7th on the year. Kyle Kendrick had a couple of doubles and Nathan Harrill knocked in 3.

McFarland went all 5 innings, striking out 9.

Crest goes to 7-2 overall and 4-0 in the Big South.

7. govols

govols Full Access Member

Northwest Cabarrus 9
    Statesville 8

8. Ddad02

Ddad02 Junior Member

Riverside/Northern

Riverside defeated Northern 5-0. Several errors were costly for Northern. Riverside played great defense but experienced a couple of base running errors.

WP- B. Tart (7 innings)
    LP- T. Robbins (7 innings)

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

South Granville vs Oxford Webb

SG 10 11 1
    Webb 2 5 1

Winning pitcher Blackley 6ip 5 hits 1 er 5k's 2bb
    LP Hart

Maynard pitched the 7th striking out the side.
    Leading hitters for SG - May 2-3 DBL HR (8) Peyton 2-4 2HR (2)

Sam Snipes had two hits for Webb both singles.

South Granville 9-3 3-0
    Webb 6-5 1-2

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson 8, Charlotte Country Day 4

WH 2-0-1-1-0-4-0 8-11-2
    CCD 3-0-0-0-1-0-0 4-5-1

WP Matthew Pruitt(1-0) 2ip, 0 runs, 1 hit, 1BB, 2 k's
    LP Jason Coker 2ip, 4 runs, 4er, 3 hits, 0BB, 4 k's

For CCD:
    Jason Coker, 1/4, HR, 2 rbi's.
    Tim Ogden, 1/2, HR.