1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 8, April 16-21

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Baylee Duckdog

Baylee Duckdog Full Access Member

The Point....

Groome has an excellent approach - compact, solid, level through the zone swing and runs very well. Ahlum took an elevated pitch right where he needed to take it. That being said, it was still not a "great" game by any measure -- that was the point. Ugly, ho hum 1:30 game that was won on a two out error leading to a score.

Trust me on this --- the AK faithful NEVER look past anyone....too many lessons in our short history!

I'm sure bulldogsbacker is showing some Pavlovian drooling this week!

2. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

yep the Left fielder that almost caught it is a freshman, Marcus Chan(sp?:smilielol5:) he was brought up a while back and has made a huge contribution. I would guess that he has the highest batting average on the team and for sure the highest on base percentage. i may be wrong and often am as I am just a dad that likes to watch kids play baseball. its all good some definitely better....

3. justadad

justadad Full Access Member

won on a two out error leading to a score.

was that the blooper that was dropped by the first baseman?

4. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

That was awesome Baylee, I had to look that up (Pavlovian) and still don't know what that means....... I never took psychology. lol
    It should be at least a competetive game, see ya there !

5. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

This thread is cracking me up. What gets my attention is Thornton having 16 k's. That's why recruiters go around the state with all those fancy hand-held radar machines. When the hitters are having a bad day, it's nice to know the pitching can keep you in the game.

6. Dawgcatcherfive

Dawgcatcherfive Full Access Member

Two out walk in the furst......

and two out errer in the 3rd led to all 3 of the AK's runs. Not a very exciting game.

7. Baylee Duckdog

Reference

See Bumgarner thread....$35M doesn't happen for walks.

8. Baylee Duckdog

WINNER!

Braves, send the dawg-nabber a prize PLEEEEZE!

9. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Hickory Ridge 16 South Meck 9

It was raining when it started and it never stopped. In the sixth it started raining a little harder. SM led 8-0 after 3 1/2. Then Hickory Ridge scored 5 in the bottom of the 4th, 10 in the bottom of the 5th and one more in the bottom of the 6th for good measure.

The Conditions were tough but even for both teams. There were A BOATLOAD of walks, a HANDFUL of HBPs and a PLETHORA of errors and other assorted miscues. There had to be at least a dozen errors evenly distributed among the soaked contestants. The Home Plate umpire was entertaining too. A blind guy with a German Shepard would have been just as good but in fairness he was equally inconsistent for both teams. We even had a batting out of order that took fifteen minutes to sort out.

A high school battle of wills at its best. Three dozen balls and several bags of quick dry later it was over.

I like the JT Ford kid a lot. He didn't pitch particularly well on the wet mound but hes got good velo. Barbee swung it well for Hickory Ridge. SM used 5 (uh) pitchers. Nix made a sensational diving catch. And..........did I mention it RAINED ALL GAME?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  10. Mustang09

Mustang09 Junior Member

South Granville 3, Northwood 0

Well played game with two good pitchers and two solid defenses. Only 10 Hits between the two teams.

Winning Pitcher: Matt Fuhr with 11 Ks. Leading Hitter: SG's David Paff 2 for 3 with another monster Homerun.