1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week #8 Scores / Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dbacks20, Apr 15, 2007.

1. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Full Access Member

Relax

Come on guys, Heels0710 didn't say anything negative about Zach or North Davidson. Heels has seen Zach throw many many times and he was simply stating he has seen him throw better and attributed this outing to the fact Zach threw Friday and again yesterday. As a West Forsyth Parent (Wes McBride's) I too heard Zach threw 100+ pitches Friday so I did ask his Dad and he informed me that he only threw 97 pitches Friday. Either way, Zach was at or well over 200 pitches on 3 days rest. I agree this was NOT his best outing and he is certainly capable of better outings and capable of beating West Forsyth on any given night.

On a lighter note, in defense of Wes's pitching performance, (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I'M TRYING TO GET LAUGHTER HERE TO LIGHTEN THINGS UP and certainly not serious!!!) which was his worst of the year, he allowed the inherited runs to score and added one of his own so it would be a save situation. He had it in control the whole time... By the way, I have some Ocean front property in Tennessee I will sell cheap.... Any interest???? :55: :55:

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

how cheap? You know, the global warming thing and all.

3. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Full Access Member

Trade Possibilities

You assure me of watching a close game on the 28th between the mighty bat of Casey Allison and the crafty pitching of Josh Allman, I might work out a trade...

4. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Anyone have the Alexander Central-Hickory score from tonight?

5. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

No need to attack anyone here!

Heels comes on here and makes some logical comments and then he gets attacked. Everyone knows that this kid is one of the top 08 LHP in the state of NC. He has a future in the game if he stays healthy. Heels was obviously just trying to make the point that Zach had pitched on Friday and would have been much sharper if he had more rest between starts. It was obvious to me that his post was out of genuine concern for the player. There is no need to jump on Heels for just posting his thoughts on the game.

6. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

"Zach White pitched for North Davidson and gave up 8 runs ( 6 or 7 earned) and looked late in the game like a pitcher who had just thrown 130 pitches on Friday. I hate to say anything derogatory but I can't believe that Zach would throw 130 pitches on Friday and come back on Tuesday to throw at least another 120 pitches. That is insane and I really felt bad for him late in the game. He was laboring but the bullpen was empty. He is an outstanding competitor but I would love to see him pitch in the next level, but that is alot of pitches on a 17 year old arm."

I don't have a kid involved, but I can't read that without seeing a clear attack at the ND coaching staff. And let me be clear: I don't have a kid involved. I just think think it's a cheap shot.

By the way, Bill McKenzie here. I'm heading right now to Wilson to watch my son's conference tournament. Our ace Andy Helms will start today. I understand that if we are alive Sunday in the finals, the plan is to give him the ball again. That would be 2 starts with 2 days rest in between. Are the coaches at BA insane too?

This happens all the time. I bet Wes & Greg (both of whom I admire) have pitched on short rest before in a tournament situation. It's not abuse. It's not insane. It's not going to end a kids career if this is the exception, not the rule. Hat tip...I'm through with this topic.

7. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

Hickory: 7
    Alexander Central: 2

8. spartanball

spartanball Full Access Member

Cap-7 Wednesday Results (non-conference)

J.H. Rose 2, Leesville Road 1
    LVL 0001000--1 6 2
    RSE 110000x--2 4 0
    W--Wilder. L--Fulmer.
    Leading hitter: LVL--Mickelson 2-3.

Wakefield 6, Chapel Hill 5
    WAK 1050000--6 9 2
    CHL 0002120--5 6 4
    W--Hayes. L--Gaffney. Sv--Stevens.
    Leading hitters: WAK--Dowdy 3-4, Brown 2-4.

9. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Tell us how many pitches he throws in the first start and we'll offer an opinion on whether he should get the second start. If he throws more than 75 pitches he shouldnt start the next one on 2 days rest.

10. JCCON

JCCON Junior Member

Once in a while? Did he not throw a complete game against Davie two weeks ago on a Tuesday and throw against ER at 12:00 noon (another complete NON-CONFERENCE game) on Friday?