1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week One Observations

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I like this guy....welcome aboard.:satana:

2. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Metal Bats

I believe wood bats should be used in High School baseball, but I do not see it happening. With the technology today, players can sit up there and hold the bat out on a 80mph pitcher and the ball will roll to the outfield-its getting quite ridiculous. I believe that if metal bats are going to continue to be used they should be "deadened." Plus, there are so many more advantages of using wood bats- the first major advantage would be that the good hitters will stand out and that hitting .300 in high school would be a very good average for the top hitters. Today in high school baseball, many kids are hitting over .500, I believe there were close to 40 players in NC that hit over .500 last year, now that is insane. Metal bats are also becoming more and more dangerous for pitchers-I believe Red Bear could comment on that one speaking of something that occurred a few years ago. But as I have said, I believe wood bats should be a part in high school baseball but I do not see it happening and I do not think anyone really does.