1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

We're needing teams for ASA State

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CardCoach2, May 1, 2006.

1. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Coaches,
    We have National Berths to award to each winner in each age division.
    We currently have several teams entered in the NC ASA State Tournaments, 12U-18U, in Cary, July 7-9. We are in need of some the younger age teams. Please contact Rick McHone @ [email protected] or 336-416-6056 or Aubrey Clayton @ [email protected] or 919-469-4063
    *For teams who have already purchased insurance this year we will work with you on the individual registration. Call for Rick for details.
    Teams Entered:
    14U
    Lady Blues White
    16U
    Triangle Lightning
    Winter Park Riptides
    18U
    Carolina Cardinals/Chandler Triangle Lightning
    Carolina Cardinals/McHone Lady Blues
    Cape Fear Storm Carolina Cobras
    Carolina Lookouts

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Rick,
    you can count on the Southern Explosion 18u. we will follow up this week!!
    thanks for keeping us updated.

to the younger age groups........be a part of this one!!
    Tony

3. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Thanks Tony

Thanks for the support.
    I spoke to Aubrey Clayton today and he was a little disappointed in the entries so far.
    I have heard for years from different teams around the state that they wish ASA would get some quality tournaments. Well here is one of those tournaments! The Town of Cary is planning just that! A top notch tournament with a great format , 4GG( 2 Pool and Double Elimination) for all ages. I would love to see 100 teams entered. Maybe it will happen in the future. In the mean time, I need some 10s, 12s, 14s and 16s to step up. The 18U groups know the role ASA plays in the world of fastpitch on the national level. I would love to see us have a team representing NC in each of the Nationals age groups this year.

4. BombsRedDad

BombsRedDad Member

For some reason, it seems to be difficult to get teams for ASA. We were going to play ASA in Charlotte this coming weekend (May 6 / 7), but my understanding is that we were the only team signed up, so we withdrew and are playing NSA in Charlotte instead.

The ASA state is on our schedule. Guess it depends on how many more teams sign up.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

there it is gang.........erms, ladiesbbfan, brady(Joe), storm30 and so many others here on TBR Softball!!! seriously consider this one above any others available. Call or Email Rick........this is where your daughters will or should be when they're 18u and Ready for college ball!!

6. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

ASA State

Okay all you travel ball coaches,for yrs everyone has complained about lack of ASA in our state with our past directors.NOW, you have a director who will work his butt off to make ASA stong in NC as it should be.NC fastpitch has come a long way in a short period of time & we need ASA to be recognized on a national level.We all say " it's for the girls".Well here's a great opportunity to help the girls by more teams signing up for this state tour.The more participation in these tours, the more national berths will start being awarded.So lets help out our new director, & sign up for what might be the best "state" you've ever played in .From what I have observed so far in ASA, is the officiating is much better, but you'll still have those few bad apples.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  7. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

1 more thing,ALL the teams playing in the Pride Showcase, should be signing up for this state!

8. SC-ASA

SC-ASA Full Access Member

ASA

Glad to see ASA trying to make a statement in N.C. If you have a director willing to work hard, teams should at least give it a shot. If you ever attend a quality ASA tournament, you'll see the others pale in comparision.

South Carolina was pretty much dead with ASA until we decided to try to make a change last year. We struggled a little at the beginning last year but after teams played with us they all came back & brought other teams with them. Last year our State tournament had 12 total teams I believe. This year we have 30+ already signed up. If ASA wasn't up to par, I don't think the numbers would have grown like that.

Good job to the current N.C. ASA directors for trying to make a difference in N.C. softball.

9. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

ASA STATES

Well said there is no excuse for any team in the state not be entered into this.If they want to challege their teams,this will be a place to start.Two of the top finishers in the 18U nationals are in it already.Remember the ASA doesn't just allow anyone to be in the National Tournaments you really have to earn a spot,not like NSA and others.Everyone wants to talk about playing competetion so this is a starting point. Rick and others are working really hard to make this happen but they need the support of the travel teams.ASA is the place to play.:twocents:

10. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Lady Blues 14 & Under "GOLD" plan to be there....Softball Guru

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woot: