1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

West Forsyth's Coach Resigns

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Homer3, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Russell Stone, head football coach at West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, NC resigned Monday after 14 successful seasons. Coach Stone commented he would like to spend more time with his family as the main reason for stepping down.

West Forsyth is one of the largest and fastest growing high schools in the state. West Forsyth's average SAT scores are consistently in the top 5% in NC. Finding a quality coach should not be a problem.

2. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

Any chance they hire from within and elevate OC Bobby Morrison. Some of these North Iredell people won't get a lick of rest until Bobby gets another Head coaching position. Maybe if Bobby gets this job, some of the Raider fans can finally change their alliances and take their whiny act to Clemmons, and leave North Iredell to get along with revamping their FB program.

3. Homer3

?????????:huh::huh::huh: What in the world are you talking about? West Forsyth is in Forsyth County....not Iredell. :thinking:

4. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

I know what county your in. Let me try and be a little less confusing. Your (West Forsyth)Offensive coordinator used to be head coach at North Iredell. Alot of the parents at North thought Bobby got a raw deal at North iredell when he was asked to resign. So while Bobby went off to your school (W. Forsyth) to be Offensive coordinator,the upperclassman's parents and some senior players, felt it was their duty to stay at North and make life a complete hell for the new coach.

So I just thought if Bobby got the Head coaching job at your school (West Forsyth) it would give these whiny asses a place to go on Friday instead of bringing their bitching act to North Iredell, on fridays. Make any sense?

5. Homer3

Thanks for the clarification. If it works out for Bobby, then that would hopefully quiet the parents...but you know how some parents can be, unless there is controversy, then they ain't happy.

From what I hear from an administrator friend at WF, it looks like the competition for the West job is really heating up. There are 3 possible internal candidates, 3 from Forsyth Co. and several more from around the area and state. There is even one guy who was a successful coach in Charlotte for many years who left for a college assistants job who is rumnored to be considering coming back to coach high school again. But all this info is just rumor and hearsay, I have no way of confirming.

6. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Bobby!

Is a great guy and pretty good football coach I know him well and have worked with him personally. Best of luck to him and I would also love to see the DC at Grimsley perhaps get this job!? :) :) :) :)

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

would this college assistant go by the name of Tommy Knotts?

I wouldn't think dook is going to be a very happy place for him but I figured he was going to college ball to stay.

8. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Do u know what i know....?

Word has it he is off to rejuvenate the ailing Page program in Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensboro hehehehehe heard it here first! :)

9. Homer3

The Greensboro/Guilford County schools are having way too many disclipline and funding problems. The police are being called out to the HS almost on a daily basis and most the buidings are in bad shape. (NW Guilford being the exception). Those things will hamper their efforts in trying to land a Tommy Knotts type of coach. Shoot, if you don't win in Guilford Co., you may end up on someone's hit list!!! :scared2:

Winston-Salem/Forsyth Co. schools seem to be going in the right direction. I think they are opening 2 new high schools next year. Schools like West Forsyth, Mount Tabor, Reynolds are able to bring in the best coaches and teachers.

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Give me a break Homer - none of that has a damn thing to do with whether or not Knotts would go to Page to revive that program - a program that is not in that bad a shape despite going 0-10 this year.

I believe that was the first losing season in the history of the school.

All the other crap you are talking about is mostly taking place at Andrews. That and a bunch of 12 year old goofballs in the middle schools that have decided to run with the "hit list" found at one school. Now it's become a fad to the kids to be a copy cat so they can disrupt class.

The only thing wrong with Guilford County schools is the idiot superintendent and his lackeys on the school board.