1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

West Forsyth's Coach Resigns

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Homer3, Dec 9, 2004.

1. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

Heard rumors that the baseball coach may cut out also. To much parental interference at West Forsyth They want let the Kids play and the coaches coach, to political . deep pockets seem to control athletics at West Forsyth. Please confirm this homer 3.

2. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

I checked out your rumor and from what I was told by a parent who has a kid who plays at West, Coach Polk (I think that's his name) is more than happy. Seems also the booster club is spending a lot of money in updating the baseball field and facilities, new uni's and other stuff. It also sounds like West will have some really good teams over the next few years, but that was a parent talking. But he did also say there were a couple of transfers who moved in that are real studs. A pitcher from FL and a catcher/IF from CA. Plus, there will be the new Jr. & Sr. legion teams he will be involved with.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. teanwsnc

teanwsnc Full Access Member

Chip Petree an assistant on the West Forsyth staff was named head coach today. It was also announced that Russell Stone took the head job at Purnell Swett High in Robeson County.