1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

West Henderson Baseball Field

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

since most of you don't get to the mountains. Here is the West field with some recent improvements.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson Field

A couple more

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Dang...look at that scoreboard!!!...and those dugouts! This is a college field, right?

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

just a lil ole mountain 2A school

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Holey Moley-----just unbelievable!

The Home that Casey Allison Built

Just kidding, I know that Mudcat was instrumental in making this happen. I hope the people of his area appreciate his involvement in this.

Muddy---explain what all is new.

6. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

The covered batting cages are pretty slick. What is going on out in right field? Looks like it's running downhill towards the corner.

7. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

outstanding

8. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

It does slope some but works well for drainage on rainy days. And to correct Braves, I was not the instrumental one, just supplied some grunt work. Our head coach is the visionary. The outfield wall is new this year as well as the scoreboard. Both right and left field lines are now bricked with net, that project has been done the past couple of years. The batting cage is about 4 years old. 4 covered lit cages with enough room on each end to hit 4 players soft toss or off of tees. The dugouts were actually put in about 5 years ago.

9. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

Nice facility!

If I can ever figure out how to add pictures, I'll show ya'll what we have at Northwood.

I did notice the 360' and assume that is in center field, or close to it. This brings up a point that I have thought about since when my boy played with the DB's in the WWB down at East Cobb. They utilize many of the local high school fields for these tournaments. Of all the HS fields we played on I think the shortest centerfield was 385' and most were close to 400'. There are very few here in NC, that I've seen, like that. I would like to see all high school fields have a minimum of 385' to center and 315' down the lines. This way recruiters/scouts would be able to see the true power of the "big hitters" as well as see the accurate arm strength and speed of the outfielders.

10. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

excellent!

very nice facility... I'd be proud of those respeonsible and clearly a reflection of the coach and his passion and respect for the game. Looks as good as any I have seen or played on! KUDOS!