1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

West Henderson Baseball Field

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Mar 13, 2009.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Very Nice

Very Nice Facility. If I may make one suggestion for future improvements, get rid of the chain link fence behind home plate and put up netting. It makes all the difference in the world for spectators. Great Job to all involved.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree...makes a world of difference. And with all the money they horde up in thar mountains that should not be a problem.

3. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Awesome Mudcat--- You're hired come on to Roxboro and help me out!!

Kudos for an awesome facility!!

4. Big$$$Joe

Big$$$Joe Junior Member

Nice Facility. Do the kids appreciate it? I hope they do because many kids don't have that type of place to play. I have been all over NC,SC,FLA,TENN, and GA and have seen very few that are close. With regard to the field distances 360 is about right for high schools. If you play on much bigger fields it takes the homerun out of the picture a little. College fields should be 25-40 feet deeper because the kids at this point are bigger,stronger,more skilled,more mature so the distance being further is about the same factor as the high school distance. The distance is relative to the age,size and experience level of the player. I do think that HS fields should be at least 300 down the lines and 350 in center. And don't forget that the West HS fence is actually over 14 feet high in most places so the playing distance is actually much further than a 6 foot fence would be.

5. JTbaseball

JTbaseball Full Access Member

When you take care of a park like that, and spend the time, money and energy to make those improvments and changes in order to better the lives of 14-18 year olds, you can't hear the compliments enough. Beautiful park! Great job! Look forward to seeing what happens there in the future.

6. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Awesome!!

I keep coming back to look at the Pictures! Awesome!!!

7. niknat

niknat Full Access Member

You may not believe it but the pictures don't really do it justice. It actually is nicer than you can tell by the pics. Being in the mountains the grass turns green a little later but when the grass is at it's greenest you won't find a nicer facility. It would be better with the net and now that it's been brought up it will probably happen soon. A lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into that place. It comes from the pride that the Falcon family has.

That pride is something that I have alot of respect for. My son went to a school across town from there and I was able to witness it often. This field is a good example of what taking pride in your school mixed with hard work can do. The tax dollars did not produce this. Pride did.

8. GloveSide

GloveSide Full Access Member

An adjective to describe this.

Purty. Just Purty.