1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFC tournaments?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by sdtrip, Jan 29, 2006.

1. sdtrip

sdtrip Junior Member

I have a new 10u team and we are considering playing some WFC tourneys. I am not very familiar with them and I am looking for some help. How well are they run, umpires, notifying coaches of game times, etc? I respect the knowledge on this board and know I will get honest answers. Thanks

2. hittinghard

hittinghard Junior Member

Hi I coach a 14u team and last year we were 12u we played a couple of tourneys with the WFC they are a good group but in my opinion the NC USFA had more teams and better competetion esspecially in the fall season

3. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

the wfc puts on some of the best ran tourneys in the state!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know where you are from, but the wfc is having 3 or 4 tourneys in taylorsville, statesville, and hickory area. in fact, there is 1 march 12th(not sure of date) in taylorsville . its a scrimage type set up and FREE BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONTACT JOHNNY SMITH AT (828) 244-1414. HOPE TO SEE YA THERE! :trophy:

4. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

HEY FOLKS THE WFC PUTS ON SOME OF THE BEST RUN TOURNEYS AROUND. GOOD UMPING(AND THATS FROM A COACH LOL) GOOD FOOD , INFO IS GIVEN TO COACHES. I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE FROM ,BUT THERE IS 4-5 TOURNEYS IN THE TATLORSVILLE AREA THIS YR. IN FACT ,MARCH 12(NOT SURE OF DATE) IN TAYLORSVILLE IS A SCRIMAGE TYPE SET UP . VERY LOW ENTRY FEE FOR THIS 1 AND ALL COACHES AND PLAYERS GET FREE BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL JOHNNY SMITH @(828)244-1414. :trophy:

5. MavFan25

MavFan25 Junior Member

WFC Tournaments

Our kids have played Ben's tournaments for the past 4 or 5 years. They always have a lot of teams entered. That's the #1 reason we have played with WFC.

Downside has been short time limits, continuing games/tournaments despite lightning and lots of standing water on the infield. WFC has several umpires that seem to think they are the center of attention, not the game. They aren't necessarily bad guys. But, in my opinion the best umpires are the ones that aren't necessarily seen or heard.

6. CANIPE

CANIPE Full Access Member

There are a couple scheduled in Forest City NC this year--
    One thing about Ben's tourneys: They give trophies for 1st-4th place--I'm pretty sure. With a young 10u team, that would be key to building confidence for the future. They usually have a good turnout --teams wise in the younger brackets. I coach 12u so I dont know about competition as far as the older girls are concerned. I do remember playing a lot of 0800 games in the freezing cold, but hey thats probably because so many teams were signed up.

7. playball24

playball24 Full Access Member

Ben told me yesterday that this year ALL games would be 1 hour and 20 minutes instead of 1 hour and 5 minutes.