1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What is it about Girls and staying with one team/

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by speedandstrength, Jan 19, 2005.

1. lylejohn

lylejohn Full Access Member

Our organization just had a big exit of girls. A couple of PARENTS were not happy so they created their own organization. We were preparing our winter workouts, only to find out that 75% of our team was gone. It is mainly a parent issue and it is hurting the girls and the sport.

2. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Enka
    I live in the same area as Blues and as much as we would like to, neither he nor I would be able to make that work, unless some how the majority of parents suddenly came to truly see their DDs skill and commitment level for what others see it as.
    The other major hurdle would be getting everyone to realise that the coaches should NOT have a child on the team. (I know that is hard to do)
    but finding dedicated and able coaches is easier now then it has ever been.
    There are former college players in the area and people that have been around the sport since it started here in NC that have worked hard, dedicated themselves to the game and the girls and have attended many clinics that are just for coaches to improve their coaching skills and ability to pass that on to their girls.
    It would be great as Blues has said to have true elite teams from our area (that would play only at that level)
    I think it would amaze you to see what would happen when they compete at the national level. Its easy to imagine. Just think about the best player in an age group at each position then put them on ONE TEAM. How sweet would that be?
    Ahhhh if only it were a perfect world.
    But it is a great dream :xyzthumbs :xyzthumbs

3. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

There are probably others, but from what I have seen these 18U teams are as close to being "elite" I have seen-- Lady Blues, Chandlers Cardinals and CF's explosion from around Kings Mtn area. These teams have very successful histories and over the years have helped I'm sure close to 200 young ladies play in college. Based on their website, Chandler is approaching 100 on his own.:xyzthumbs

4. softballmomcc15

softballmomcc15 Junior Member

there is basically one reason why girls change teams its because of spoiled parents who think there child is better or deserves more playing time check around the fields and ask some girls why i can almost bet they will tell you there parents made them change by telling them they would get better playing time or there position they want to play whether it be true or not it wont never change until aau nsa asa and all of the rest change rules about team jumping but the real thing that needs to make it change is for parents to stop trying to make the perfect life for there kids and make them learn how to work out differences and learn from complications and differerences and how to improve from them we need to let are kids face life and learn how to handle it without are help that is what are real jobs as parents are

5. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

WELCOME to TBR Softballmomcc15

Its refreshing to hear that come from a parent. I know of a few others that share your outlook but they are few and far between.

6. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Good to see you on TBR Softballmomcc15. I bet your DD is ready to play softball. See ya around the ballfield.

7. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Homer3, just for clarification purposes only. The explosion team is located in Asheville. Most of the players in the Kings Mtn Area are now on the Pride team located in Spartanburg :xyzthumbs

8. curverise

curverise Full Access Member

Aren't the Wildcats a strong organization?

9. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Out of Wilmington area? yes, extremely. :xyzthumbs

10. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

Call it what you want but there is a reason that the top travel teams in the state are that way every year. Every year some of the best girls from some of the smaller local organizations jump ship to the "elite showcase" teams. I know for a fact these girls were approached by coaches from these teams and I think they mean well but while it may give one girl a better team to play on you forget what you just did to 10 or 11 other girls on the team she just left. These teams try to improve from year to year then lose their best player and are left behind. I have no good fix for this but the coaches of these teams need to think about this before you go out and get the best plyaer off a team for your team. Even though you may mean well you forget you helped one and hurt several. Also girls if it is about college these showcase teams help little if any at all in getting you a scolarship. You have to get yourself noticed. What college coaches that do come to these showcase tournaments already know who the are coming to see. Rarely if ever do they just see a girl no one knows of there and start recuiting her but that is a different subject. Also I'm not bashing these coaches as I think most of them mean well it is just they don't look at the big picture. Wouldn't it be great it this was like legion ball where you had to live in the area of the team you play for