1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What teams have shown the most interest in Bumgarner?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Westsider, May 28, 2007.

1. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Braves....you think they might have Grandma Bumgarner's pork chop sammiches at the party....if so then "sneak" me in....:boat:

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

As always, you make well informed points. But what I believe many people have missed is the improvement Madison has made this year vs last year...in all areas of pitching. His off speed pitches has improved dramatically this year to the point that he became a pitcher vs thrower. He would throw his CB in any count and fooled a lot of hitters with his changeup. His arm action with his offspeed stuff improved greatly, also.

The kid is an amazing athlete and a quick learner. His father would not allow Maddy to throw CB's until later in life (a very wise decision), so what you saw last year was a pitcher learning how to throw one. This year, particularly towards the end of the season, it became an effective pitch. There is absolutely no doubt he will have perfected his slider by next year. He already has the makings of one.

I really like the kid from Vanderbilt. I believe that lefty will be the 1st selec tion...perhaps Slavery, then Madison as the next lefty.

No matter what, in my opinion, Madison Bumgarner will be a millionaire by this summer and he, his Mom, Dad, family and Braves will be cruising Florida this summer in Madison's new convertible Hummer singing, "Way to go Spartans!!!!!!"

3. Braves

Dbacks...you missed out on a new addition to the restaurant menu...Grandma B's Grilled Chicken sammich...shoot, thanks Dbacks, now I'm hungry

4. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

He will

be worked in the minors for awhile. As for the dollars. I am sure that he will get his share after the meat hooks get theirs. But it is a fact: to get the big money you got to have them. He will have great success once he is there and learns the bigs way. It is about more than just a pitch, it's location and mix. It is the location and movement that gets them. After he learns all that. He will be ready for the bigs and should be there a long time. Just hopes he keeps that great head he has now. It is big and wish him all the luck he can carry.

5. carolina30

carolina30 Junior Member

I wonder if Madison will be a baccalaureate practice Thursday at 1:30. I know he is kind of busy around 2 o'clock that day. I bet he will be at baccalaureate Thursday night if at all possible. I wish him the best of luck. He has handled it well.

6. NC Baseball Fan

NC Baseball Fan Full Access Member

He will be at practice thursday, but they have allowed him to take his cell phone in school to be available.

7. Westsider

Westsider Member

If it's true that Bumgarner's parents prefer the Braves, there are some perfectly honorable ways to help make that happen. They could simply tell some of the teams that pick right before the Braves that it would take an overwhelming offer to keep him from going to college. That is, assuming they had some sort of guarantee from the Braves that they would take Madison if he were there. Although no one knows for certain, most reports indicate he wouldn't go much sooner than the Braves pick anyway, so if they wanted to they might could help push things in that direction.
    Also, with the draft being on TV this year for the first time, I've heard they're going to invite most of the likely first rounders down to Orlando so they can be introduced to the crowd and maybe do an interview. Has anyone heard if Madison is planning to be a part of that or if he has been invited? Whatever happens, I wish him all the best.

8. Braves

Although the B's may have a dream of Madison playing for the Braves, I doubt very seriously that they care who drafts him. Besides, most MLB players did not get to the show from the team that selected them.

9. NC Baseball Fan

NC Baseball Fan Full Access Member

never heard of the B's prefering the Braves over any other team, although they are close by , the TARHEELS are even closer!!! :drool5:

10. Braves

:laugh4: :laugh4: :cheer: :cheer: Great answer NC