1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What teams have shown the most interest in Bumgarner?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Westsider, May 28, 2007.

1. 007

007 Full Access Member

San Francisco Giants

The giants have six of the first 51 picks this year,including 3 in the first round;
    With that mother lode of picks in a year when the strength of the draft is in high school players, I think they will take the big lefty at 10.

2. Westsider

Westsider Member

3. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Westsider, thanks for the link. But Baseball America has some faulty info. I know it didn't come from the Bumgarners, but Madison's legend grew a couple of inches when they wrote:

12. Madison Bumgarner, lhp, South Caldwell HS, Hudson, N.C. (12)Bumgarner's team won the 4-A state this past weekend in Zebulon, N.C. He dominated again, pitching a complete game with one run and 12 strikeouts and hit a walk-off home run in the title game to win the state title.

He's certainly capable of those heroics...but correct me if I'm wrong: Didn't SC 10 run rule Ashley in Game 2 of the finals? And Game 1 ended with a 3 error 'grand slam'. And I know Maddy didn't hit a walk-off in the Sectional final.

Sounds like TJ & Braves--their memory of how good they were 'back in their prime' ain't exactly the way others remember them.

4. Westsider

Westsider Member

Even though that little blurb was a little deceptive, it is technically correct. South Caldwell won on the 10 run rule, but it was Bumgarners inside the park homerun that finished it off and ended the game.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I resemble that remark!!!!!!

6. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Well I stand partially corrected. It was a game ending home run...but not a walk-off. That's about my average in life: wrong half the time.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Batting .500....I'll take that anytime

8. Westsider

Westsider Member

An interesting excerpt from baseballprospectus.com concerning Bumgarner and the Braves:

14. Atlanta Braves
    It’s not secret that the Braves like to stay local, in particular taking players from the storied East Cobb youth program right in their back yard. They’d love to see Heyward drop to them, with fellow Georgia high school star Josh Smoker, a power lefty, looking like their backup plan. The team is also enamored with another high school southpaw, Madison Bumgarner from North Carolina, who generally has received high grades from scouts. He has more size and better velocity than Smoker, but indications that he wants a deal in the $2.3-2.5 million range has scared off the Braves, who almost never go above slot.

9. 007

007 Full Access Member

This looks like a good call.
    BA has MB in LA in their latest mock draft.

10. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

If I was betting I would say St. Louis