1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by jhbaseball, Feb 21, 2005.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

:glotzbart Don't try to pull that one Braves ... I've got your real picture here!!!!!

2. StringfieldWM-SS

StringfieldWM-SS West Meck

without defense you will not win

well I see that most of the guys here would rather have pitching but for me i would rather have 3-4 position guys instead. Ok you have 2 studs on the mound but most teams are playing 3 games a week so therefore you are short a pitcher. Also you pitchers are going to be throwing alot more so that is more risk of injuring them. And everyone knows 2 ace's are not unhitable so when someone gets a rip then it doesn't matter if you are a great pitcher because it is up to the defense. And no pitcher is going to go out every game and through a no-hitter. It is just not possible. Basically i don't care if you are the best pitcher in the world you are going to get hits off of you and if you have a defense that can't make the plays then being the best doesn't matter that much.In my mind defense wins games. I would rather have an ok pitcher on the mound with a stacked defense to back him up.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree with you :xyzthumbs....but I still want a pitcher that can throw strikes and keep the ball in play. But I'll take a strong defense with an ok pitcher anytime.