1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

When did High School Coaches Get Like This?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MustangBBall#1, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

There are many, many coaches that do the same thing. Many are members of this board

2. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

HS vs Showcase.

I am not a fan of Showcase.. but they are providing stability that is lacking in many of the High schools right now. I know we all have witnessed HS games that were difficult at best to watch. Lack of qualified coaches or coaches with an attitude that there is futility in the effort are big causes for the downturn in quality across the state. I grew up watching Rose High and Ron Vincent. Ron cared about the player while pushing them to be as good as they could be.
    The good student will always go to where there is structure and Discipline. They don't want to feel thier effort is wasted or not apprieciated.
    I personally would like to see HS Ball, and Legion ball emphacized more in the towns and communities of our state. Playing for the home fans is one of the most remembered experiences a Player will ever have.
    Showcase has done a good job of selling itself as the best baseball with the most scouts, but with most players only getting small partial scholarships, the reward for all the money pumped into showcase is a fools investment if they think it is going to pay for college. Tell your Son hit the books and invest the money in something that will grow.
    Play for your town or community they will always be there.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008