1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the staes best pitchers this year?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by kanwj, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NA_Jacket

NA_Jacket Full Access Member

Can we start a who beat the Gators thread?

Just kidding!

Haven't seen these two below mentioned. I know both play for good travel programs.

Nicole Bond - Clayton
    Lauren Batten - North Johnston

2. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

Yep, you got it all figured out.

3. erms

erms Full Access Member

Noooooooo No please......these are the topics, threads, post, teams and attitudes you just gotta love!!

Where else can kids get this recognition while you get a bit of insight to the adults who are posting!!

Tell me it ain't great!!! Keep spotlightin' those kids!!!

4. carolinagators

carolinagators Full Access Member

CAROLINA GATORS 18 GOLD

I AGREE WE NEED TO STAY ON THE SUBJECT BUT, YOU DIDN'T HELP MATTERS WHEN YOU POSTED, "GOOD ONE" .

"NOW ARE YOU CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK" :EMOSTCutTheCheese:

5. carolinagators

carolinagators Full Access Member

CAROLINA GATORS 18 GOLD

I LIKE THAT. CAROLINA ELITE IS A GOOD TEAM BUT, EVERYONE HAS A BAD GAME. "WE DID" ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY

6. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

One K per inning

Almost every 'bigtime' D1 pitcher does it including one very familiar to NC softball fans. If a pitcher can't achieve this in HS and/or travel her chance for success at the next level (at least D1) is not very good.

7. erms

erms Full Access Member

Ok.....That's the top 50 in the nation. Again I ask should the others just walk away or find a way to be successful? Unfortunate there are many who meet this prerequiste in hs and travel yet don't find success at the next level.

8. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Was not going to comment

There are pitchers that have been successful at the next level that did not throw in the mid 60's. Now Dukedog is speaking of K's per inning so I want to be careful with my posting:
    There is a local pitcher that was an All-American at a powerful D-11 school that threw 60 but had a low rise that helped her K kids at an alarming rate. Three other local pitchers have gone on to become record setting pitchers for D-1 schools and they do not reach the mid 60 range but have great control and movement on the ball which allowed them to be successful. Duke dog is correct, it is helpful to have great speed and to have the ability to get a big K but there are more pitchers that throw 60 and under than over 60 and up. There was a pitcher for Arizona that won a national championship using a great change-up and off speed pitches. That said, she did have a fastball above 60!
    It is easier to teach movement and control than speed but proper mechanics taught at an early age can certainly help.
    Duke dog your daughter had a great career at JMU and helped them develop into a quality program and your knowledge of the game and pitching is certainly evident, just trying to give some examples for kids that can not reach the top speeds to work on control, movement, and at least a SO pitch. Keep up the sharing of information, it is extremely helpful to all.

9. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

No one should walk away

Sure, there are lots of ways for pitchers to 'get the job done'. If you're talking about the "BEST" pitchers, though, (the title of this thread) they are the girls who, one way or another, make batters miss. These are the girls who can win games without excellent support around them.

A somewhat unrelated point is that if a girl is a 'pitch to contact pitcher' in HS then her chances of succeeding at the next level (particularly D1) are not high. That's certainly no reason to walk away, though.

10. PhoenixPhan

PhoenixPhan Full Access Member

But wasn't the purpose of this thread to recognize some of the top pitchers in this state BELOW the next level? It seems there is disagreement as to what criteria one must meet to be a top pitcher. I agree that pitchers that have excellent movement, hit spots, change speeds, etc. can be very difficult to hit hard, but the offense should still be able to put the ball in play and put pressure on the defense (depending on skill levels of course). I think the ELITE pitchers can CONSISTENTLY do all those things with power and make it very difficult to even put the bat on the ball. All pitchers (and position players) should strive to be the best they can be and can still experience success and enjoyment from playing the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.