1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the teams that should have a strong year this year?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by roc0720, Dec 22, 2004.

1. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

Indy, you have a good point with Robby being on the mound but he can't throw every game for ya'll the rest of his high school career or he won't have a college career. And if his brother is going to pitch I think it will hurt them a lot because they are losing a solid defender up the middle. And every pitcher loves to have to solid guys right behind them. North has 3 proven pitchers that have had the experience of tough conference play.

The game of the year may be opening day with North Meck vs. South Meck. There may be 10-13 guys on the field that are on the watch list and are going on to play at good colleges next year.

2. Buddyro

Buddyro Junior Member

Week after week the same names come up on the Board. These are the players who will carry thier TEAM to the playoffs. This is a team sport. Most of these players were not on the watch list last year. Same holds true for this year and several years to come. Every year the Charlotte area teams have more good players than you can put on the field at one time. That's the reason for so many transfers. Opportunity is the difference. Every year with the right opportunity a group of rising players will make a big impact on thier team. Indy, N.M, S.M., and the rest of the Charlotte area will produce quality teams this year, the only difference is who wants it more. This year is no different then any other year. Kids that have been written off by the great baseball minds as average, will step up and make solid contributions to thier teams. This is the evolution of the game.
    .:nopity:

3. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Agreed!

I concur 10000 % :)

4. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

indygolf, indy will be good but as sugarjet said, bray cannot pitch everygame, but he will be able to pitch alot b/c they only play 2 games a week usually. their offense will indeed be dealt a blow with the loss of kirkpatrick to charlotte christian, kirkpatrick should add power to an already explosive lineup over there at christian, nobody is really talking about them this year but christian will be very tough this year, despite the losses of last years class. indy will be very very good but i would have to give a slight, slight edge to NM, those games will be fun to watch

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We have different threads that discuss many topics,not only the seniors, but 06's and 07's. The main reason this site was created nearly 3 years ago was to promote the players in an environment that would protect them from inflammatory posts by jealous or bitter rivals, teammates or in some cases, parents. I really don't know why you feel the need complain about the names that are discussed....they all deserve it.

One thing we have strongly encouraged is to post information of a player that has not been mentioned. So, if you feel there are players that have not been mentioned...please post them. Otherwise, there is no need to criticize the very purpose of this board.

Let me be perfectly clear. Some of you may find Charlotte.com more to your liking. It will provide an environment to say anything...no holds barred.

TBR is vanilla...pretty much squeaky clean. And it's done this way for a reason. We want to promote the players...period. We want to provide information to the parents that may help them get their son prepared for college...period. We want to provide an environment free from attacks...period.

I admit...it's not for everyone, but there are many, many others you can go to. But that's why I created this site and the only mission that has changed in the 3 years is the expansion from being just a Charlotte HS baseball website to include areas throughout the state.

6. The "O"

and......

I t is always nice to see the guys in the trenches the proverbial no names become heavy duty team "carriers" and lead their teams when NOT expected to do so, don t ya think? :huh:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  7. Buddyro

Buddyro Junior Member

Braves,
    If you think my post was made out of jealousy or feeling that the mentioned players didn't deserve the recognition... you need to look closer. The fact is it is unfair to these players to think that they have to carry their teams in order for their teams to be competitive. Thats an unfair burden. Every year underclassmen step up and make contributions that in turn make the team successful. That was my point. The fun part of watching baseball games is watching this happen. :banana:

8. The "O"

That's what...

I thought as well Tom! Hope this is was ok? :)

9. TheBull

TheBull Member

???

Braves, you totally missed the point in the thread by Buddyro. What he is saying is that there is always someone who comes in and makes a name for themselves. For instance, Robby Bray, no one knew who Robbie was before last years school season. From my view, if there is some jealously in this thread, I need to go back to college and retake English 101. Its nice to read a good thread every now and then. The threads about players in summer programs that are getting a bit too much. If everybody played in the copperheads org., I guess they are all college bound by what I see on the website. You do not want any bashing on the site, then why did you bash Buddyro's Thread???

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Whoah...Bull. Buddyro doesn't have a thread started. But I do apologize if I misread Buddyro's post. I read " Same names mentioned week after week" as a complaint about mentioning the players names. We have quite a few new posters recently (237 since November) that have tried to hijack this board in a new direction and one that has been attacking posters with foul language, calling a coach a cheater, bashing a player and a newbie questioning why he can't post rumors, gossips and innuendo. There is much work that goes on " behind the scenes" to try to keep this from re-occuring.

If I am being over protective of the board right now...well, I'm sorry. We have gone from a little neighborhood board where everyone knows each other and knows what we are trying to accomplish to a statewide board that is read by nearly every HS and college coach in the state. I and our moderators have worked very hard the past 3 years to protect this site from becoming like the others out there.

Because of our passion to gain exposure for the players and to try to create a family friendly environment, I created this site....and yes, I protect it like a mother with her cubs. So, Buddyro, again I apologize to you for misreading your statement. After re-reading your initial post and your follow up reply, I understand where you are coming from.