1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the teams that should have a strong year this year?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by roc0720, Dec 22, 2004.

1. vikes28

vikes28 Hasbeen user

Joyce plays 1st or RF, has a little pop from the left side

Helsabeck will probably start at short and be the best stick in the line-up.

DJ is doing good, came to my batting center and threw the other day
    He is pain free but will probably not throw off the mound for a while, he will probably miss the first games of the season, the b-ball team at north is good

2. GamecockScout23

GamecockScout23 Member

Vikes

I remember seeing Helsabeck at Pfieffer this fall. Has some good skills. Havent heard much about Joyce. How is the Metro shaping up? Isn't Johnson over there? Has he made a commit anywhere yet? You guys should be strong over there right coach, I heard you have all returning starters.

3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I don't get to see East Meck as often as the other SW4A teams. Thanks for the post sutigers...... In particular, keep me posted on Jake Rayner, Brett Alter and Taylor Bryant. I've met some of these young men and they are excellent guys. I haven't seen Jake play in 3 years and am interested in how he's doing.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!! :xyzthumbs

4. vikes28

vikes28 Hasbeen user

hi Gamecocks,

North should be good, depending on the third pitcher (Mitchell, Pardue, Johnny Wholestaff...)

Addison has not made a decision yet, was leaning towards Clemson, not sure now. Has the world by the shorties.

Lost #2 Starter to Wilkes Comm., starting catcher, and team captain/RF

should be able to replace those 3 guys

im not coaching this year, got my batting center going, kids gotta eat!!!
    it cost too much for me to coach (my wife also thought it was a good idea)

5. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

huh?

..."there is not a better group of three hitters in the conference than Scism-Dunning-Moore"...

better check that! Approaches are an issue, but I absolutely think the Scism and Dunning kid are "mashers"! On the Huff kid he is an absolute specimen. IMHO he would have could have been molded into a TWO year all conf player by now as well as a contender for POY Honors in the SW4A this spring!!! And to boot playing "shortstop" at it! Watch out for Myers Park.! I know and like Les alot over their. Alot like Rhodes over Olympic they practice hard they play hard keep their focus and compete like crazy IMHO...

6. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

OK I checked it. Again, I'm talking about a "group of three hitters." Of course most everyone would pick Ratledge if picking one hitter, and I could certainly make an argument for a threesome of Ratledge (2004 avg .440 according to the South Meck site), and any two of Kennedy (.329), Rubenstein (.420), Borden (.390) and Austin (.280) (or Cable, Foster, Rollison, Andress, etc., etc.), but I don't see another SW4A threesome that I'd choose over the Providence group. I like Smith-Savago-Bryant for a threesome at the top of the order -- they should produce a lot of runs for East this season. Myers-Mathis-Magee (or substitute Castevens, Brewer or Drake for any of them) at Myers Park can hit well but not with the same power as the Providence group, and I'm sure you could put a good threesome up against them from Butler, which would certainly begin with Glass, but I'm just not familiar with their other hitters.

So I still like the Providence threesome as much as anybody at the plate, ESPECIALLY because of their approach there -- at least the 6 times I saw Providence last year and the other times I've seen those guys in the past. But you disagree O, so give me your threesome!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  7. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Already answered...

the trio from South especially but the trio from East and Myers Park as well! "Especially" because of their approaches. IMHO :)

8. ROCKETSFTBLL4

ROCKETSFTBLL4 Junior Member

im not making any guarantees about this years team but i wouldnt hold my breath if i was you. from the looks of it our guys are looking pretty good out there!

9. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I am more familiar with the 4A programs than the 3A programs in the state BUT .....

TC Roberson and Glenn look to be the early class of the state this season. West Brunswick could be back too.

Everyone's heard quite a bit about Roberson .... Anyone have an update on Glenn???????

10. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Glenn has a new coach (see other forum) but according to coach Ijames in a conversation I had with him last summer, he left the team pretty well stocked for this year!!