1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the teams that should have a strong year this year?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by roc0720, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

First, Welcome to the board Hapi....glad to have you here. This should be a great year for some Charlotte area teams...and since you mentioned South Meck, I would like to say there is one player for them that has flown under the radar a bit...but not anymore. Although SM is a very talented team, they have one player that always comes to work. This young man plays the game the right way.... hustles on and off the field...and through his example setting will rise to a leadership role on a senior laden team. He is extremely talented and an App State signee....Wes Borden. This kid is fun to watch...as Andy Partin has described him, he loves to get "dirty".

2. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Allow me to clarify. In my limited understanding of the West I was thinking of the Winston/Raleigh area as "central" although the playoffs certainly dont work that way. PLus I could have included Hickory from our area as they will certainly be strong. Heck as of today, everybody has a chance. And these are some outstanding young men that will be competing both with and against each other.
    We have much to be thankful for!!!!!
    Allow me to digress and say how thankful I am for the sons of others who are fighting a real enemy. Its one thing to fight off a tough pitch - its something else all together to fight for our country. All I am saying is that even though I can get as heated as the next guy, with all my heart I want to be civil, respectful of you opinions, and realize this is just a game we are talking about. My son (as many are) could be overseas, in the trenches, fighting for his life and for my right to have an opinion about baseball. Have a great holiday!

3. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN Hapi!!!!!!!!
    We have so much to be thankful for!!!! May we remember those who are fighting to protect our freedom and keep us safe!!!!
    God blees them all and there families!!!!!!! :applause:

4. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

players on my team

Sorry I am just now getting back to you, but i have kids from Hopewell, Central Cabarrus, Northwest Cabarrus, Brown, N Meck, Mt pleasant, Wilkes Central. Central should have a quality team. Hopewell should have a good team also but i have thought that in the past and nothing panned out.

5. 20TOO

20TOO Junior Member

ROC
    Who are your players from Wilkes Central?

6. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

Wilkes

Jake Johnson is the only player i had from there. I dont know if he has committed yet but he is prob going to Harvard. I played against guys from up there though back when i played legion.

7. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Maybe we should look at it two ways. Which teams have the most talent and which teams will make a run at a title. Too many times the team with the most talented players do not make a run at a title for many reasons. Usually they don't have good chemistry or don't have the complimentary players around them that ultimately make the difference. This of course is not always the case. But Coach Evans had a team in his conference a couple of years ago with 5 D-1 kids on it. Not only did they not make a run at a title they failed to even make the playoffs. So many times its the team that plays like a team and not the team that is made up of talented individuals that makes the run. How about this ( Who has the team with the most talent on it.) (Who has the best team.) They are not always the same.

8. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

Catawba Valley Outlook

Look for a shift in power in the 3A and 4A conferences that make up the Catawba Valley area of NC (Catawba, Burke, Alexander and Caldwell counties).

Northwestern 4A

South Caldwell should return to the top of this conference in 2005. The 2004 South Caldwell team was lead by underclassmen that matured throughout the season and knocked off Ashbrook and Alexander Central towards the end of the 2004 season. Sophomore Madison Bumgarner and crew will continue to improve and make a run deep into the playoffs.

Freedom, lead by senior Alex Chapman (Charlotte signee), has improved and could challenge. Alexander Central, after a nice 2 year run, lost a super group of Seniors from the 2004 team that was ranked number 1 for a portion of 2004. Look for Coach Comer to rebuild the AC program.

Southwestern Foothills 3A

Look for a wild and competitive season from a conference with only 2 playoff spots. This conference should have 5 playoff quality teams, but only 2 will see action once the playoffs begin.

Hickory returns 8 starters from the 2004 squad that won 16 games. The Tornadoes will be lead by seniors Wil Boyd (Clemson signee) and Isaac Harrow (App State signee). Hickory was delt a blow in the fall when junior lefty Clay Smith (8-3 in 2004) went down with a knee injury. His return is uncertain in the spring as he continues with the rehab process.

Kings Mountain returns a solid team lead by Tyler Leach (Va Tech signee).

Crest, which defeated TC Roberson before falling in the western 3A finals to West Rowan in 2004, returns an experienced team (5 starters) and should be in prime position to defend its 2004 conference title.

Burns won the conference post season tournament in 2004 to secure the conference's #2 playoff spot. The Bulldogs traveled to TC Roberson for a first round matchup, losing 5-4. Burns lost a talented group to graduation (Jamie Ray - ECU and Tyler Trice - UNC), but returns a solid group of seniors lead by Josh Drewery.

Fred T. Foard was young in 2004 but gave conference foes fits late in the season. The Tigers returns its entire roster in 2005 and should be well positioned to make a run at one of the available playoff spots.

9. Braves

I agree wholeheartedly....but it's hard to determine if a particular team's chemistry is poor until it's too late. I have seen occassions when some parents can help destroy the team chemistry as well.

10. Braves

Great post hitman...I guess I can delete that thread I addressed to you :D

Question?...is S. Caldwell a veteran team this year or are they still underclassman.