1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who are the teams that should have a strong year this year?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by roc0720, Dec 22, 2004.

1. HiYa

HiYa Member

Alright enough already. Who is the new coach yall are talking about at Watauga? Can we get some background and a name or something?:huh:

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

No reason to start yelling at us on your very first post.

3. HiYa

HiYa Member

I'm not yelling at yall I just want to know because people have been talking about it. Sorry. Just curious thats all.:nono:

4. Big "A"

Big "A" Member

His name is Andy Fox, he is a student at Appalachian State. He was an assistant varsity coach at ACHS for the past 2 years. He graduated from ACHS 3 years ago.

5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

When you type in big bold letters on a bulletin board it is considerd yelling, just as is printing in ALL CAPS. Just a little board etiquette.

6. HiYa

HiYa Member

Thanks Big A for the reply. I know Andy I watched him play and I have seen him coach. He knows the game and is a defensive guru. He played the game as hard as he could go all the time. He was and still is a very intense person that absolutely cannot stand to lose. Now into his coaching career he still has the same fire and determination that he had when he played. He is a pure fire ball! Congrats to Watauga for making a great hire. Good luck.:applause:

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We like the fact that a HS coach can come on our board without fear of attacks, slander or disparaging remarks.

8. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

About every 10th post on this thread, it should be required to mention TC Roberson.

They are going to be so good, it's scary.

9. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Since I'm a Roberson guy and have a son on the team I prefer others post their comments, but I'll jump in and talk about a couple of guys that don't get mentioned much. With guys like Cameron Maybin, Wes Williams, Josh Thrailkill and Justin Jackson on the squad it's easy to overlook some of the other players that make this such a good TEAM.

I"ll start with JR 2B/P Mitch Hefner. He has great hands and makes all the plays. He's an intense competitor and is the definition of a "Gamer". Anyone who saw him pitch in the Roberson / Ashbrook game last year knows what I'm talking about. When Josh Thrailkill went down with a knee injury, Mitch became Roberson's ace and didn't loose a game in four starts. He'll be a steal for some lucky recruiter that does his homework.

Senior RHP Seth Laughter was 10-1 last season and has worked hard to get stronger and should have another good year. He's 6'3" / 175 and has command of three pitches.

One other thing, TC's junior varsity was 22-1 last year. Two players to watch are sophomore RHP/OF Jonathan Wright and 3B/P John Ramsey. Wright, 6'4'' and still growing, has all the tools to be an outstanding pitcher.

They were great last year and have a chance to better this year.

10. IndyGolfer06

IndyGolfer06 Junior Member

Indy

Look for the Patriots to make another run to States this year. Led by the junior sensation Robby Bray, who will be helped on the mound by his older bro, Aaron. Several other guys have the ability to handle duties on the mound to give the Bray brothers a rest. Indy's offense was a dealt a blow with the transfer of 3b Tyler Kirkpatrick to Charlotte Christian, who swung the bat incredibly last year.

North may be strong but I don't see them stopping Indy anywhere. Especially with the desire that the boys at the Big I have to win it all this year after last spring's disappoint.